State championships??

  • Andy Shaw
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6 8:11 PM
      All:

      Any news from the State Championships? I was curious as to how Andy Russell
      and any other MCAL participants did.

      Thanks,

      -- andy shaw --
      -- andy.shaw@... --
    • Jennifer Russell
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7 9:43 AM

        Here is the update.  State’s were incredible to watch.  The level of competition is amazing!  Andy had the # 2 in the state ranked wrestler as his first match.  He was pinned in the first period.  The wrestler he had first was Stormo from San Jacinto was beaten by the guy who ended up taking second place in the State Finals.  Andy was just excited to be there but that Stormo guy really must have been disappointed coming in ranked number 2 and going home with no medal.  So then in Andy’s consolation round he had his guy pinned (I believe Andy did a cement mixer here and the guy after the match complemented him on this move) but not where the ref saw it long enough to call it and then the guy reversed it on him and pinned him.  I think it was the 2nd period.  Andy was quite pleased that he finally got to do the Cement Mixer in competition.  Wow, though the wrestlers at state are amazing and so quick.  I really do recommend going next year for the finals.  Thanks for asking about Andy.  He is enjoying milkshakes and the junk food that goes along with the end of wrestling.