Reno Trip Plans

  • Daniel Dardon
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25 8:17 PM
      Parents and wrestlers,

      Here is the plan for this weekend.  The wrestlers with weight classes will be riding with me in the team van with the addition of one more. Coach Katzman and Coach Wahl will also be driving up.  We should have enough to bring everyone up there.  More parents are headed up on Thursday so rides back shouldn't be a problem.

      We will be leaving for Reno from TL at 10 AM tomorrow morning.  Our plan is to return Friday night.  It all depends on if we decide to watch the finals whether we will be returning in the early evening or late night.  That is also assuming that the weather permits safe travel.  In the last 14 years of our participation in this tournament, we have always been able to come home the night of tournament day 2.  With safety as a priority, our plans will be to return on Friday night, but if the conditions pose any kind of a threat, we will stay through the night and return Saturday.  Of course, we will let you know if this is to happen.

      All wrestlers (whether they are wrestling or not), should bring warm clothes and some work out gear.  We will be having a work out tomorrow afternoon when we land in Reno.  Terra Linda Wrestling will be covering all hotel costs, but each individual will be responsible for their own food and entertainment.  We will be going to a supermarket to stock up, but there will also be some team meals at the hotel and there will be concessions at the venue.  Additionally, there will be a charge for entrance to the tournament if you are not wrestling.  Any information about the tournament can be found on the website sierranevadaclassic.com.

      All wrestlers will have a curfew and lights out each night.  No one will be allowed outside of the Circus Circus facilities.

      The host hotel is:

      Circus Circus
      500 North Sierra Street  Reno, NV 89503
      (775) 329-0711

      The venue is:

      The Livestock Event Center
      1350 North Wells Avenue  Reno, NV 89512
      (775) 688-5750

      If there are any issues or questions while we are up there, my phone will be on me and I will answer it at all times.  Please feel free to call.  415-302-0817.

      Kevin Walther 122
      Mike Wong 122
      Kai Caindec 128
      Philip Agren 134
      Stuart Jennings 140
      Hisham Houssain 147
      Daniel Laerman 172
      Jed Flores 182
      Stewart Branscome 182
      Joe Brusati 197
      Nate Keeve 222
      Jesus Maldonado 287

      Eli Mayer
      Garland Bellicini
      Faye Epenisa
      Lucas Scharer
      Ethan Gaines
      Harry Hanna

      I hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas.  Happy Holidays to all and see you tomorrow.

      Best,

      Danny Dardon
      Head Wrestling Coach
      Terra Linda High School