1540Off Season Wrestling

  • Nate K
    Mar 10 4:55 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 388 KB
    All right,

    It's that time of the year, freestyle and greco-roman wrestling with the Terra Linda Wrestling Club. The TL Wrestling Club has no affiliation with Terra Linda High School Athletics, therefore, there is no minimum GPA requirement (however, this should never be an issue).

    In order to participate in a club or a tournament, a wrestler will need a USA Wrestling membership, which can be purchased from the website in the link below, you will also need to sign up before you can purchase a card. This card will allow an individual to legally participate in any off season practice and wrestling tournament. This card must also be brought to every off season tournament.
    https://www.usawmembership.com/

    Practices:
    Practices will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4 - 6ish PM at Terra Linda High School in the wrestling room, with a few exceptions since my work schedule is not consistent. Practices will start on Tuesday 3/18/14.

    Tournament schedule is as such (see CMWA attachment pdf):

    March 22, 2014
    Windsor Wrestling Club Tournament
    Windsor High School
    8695 Windsor Rd, Windsor, CA, 95492
    Weigh-ins: 10-11am
    Styles: Freestyle, Greco-Roman
    Cost: $12 for one style, $20 for two styles

    March 29, 2014
    Healdsburg Wrestling Club Tournament
    Healdsburg High School
    1024 Prince Street, Healdsburg, CA, 95448
    Weigh-ins: 10-11am
    Styles: Freestyle, Greco-Roman, Folkstyle
    Cost: $12 for one style, $20 for two styles

    April 5, 2014
    Cardinal Newman High School
    50 Ursuline Rd, Santa Rosa, CA, 95403
    Weigh-ins: 10-11am
    Styles: Freestyle, Greco-Roman, Folkstyle
    Cost: $12 for one style, $20 for two styles

    April 12, 2014
    Costal Mountain Wrestling Association Freestyle & Greco Championship
    Hosted by Brawlers Wrestling Club
    Marin Catholic High School
    675 Sir Francis Drake Blvd., Kentfield, CA, 94904
    Weigh-ins: 10-11am
    Styles: Freestyle, Greco-Roman
    Cost: $12 for one style, $20 for two styles

    There are other tournaments in other associations, these can be found on through the USA Wrestling or California Wrestling websites.

    Qualifying for the CMWA Team:
    In order to qualify for the CMWA Team, which travels through California, one must compete in 2 tournaments prior to the CMWA Tournament, then win the CMWA Tournament. Last year many members of other associations won the tournament, to my knowledge, the higher placing member of the CMWA then takes the place as that respective age group and weight class representation. If you have any questions about the qualifying process or the CMWA, the representative is:
    Chris Feder
    email address: Hitthegym@...
    phone number: (415) 485 - 0663

    I am open to hosting practices on weekends or by special request, I know that some individuals are participating in Spring sports and are unable to make practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If anyone is interested in this, I will handle it on a case by case basis.

    Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions or concerns.

    Nathan Katzman
    kratzmania@...
    (415) 686 - 8864
  • Show all 2 messages in this topic