Florida Buddhist Summer Camp 2010 In Orlando (July 3rd ~ July 6th, 2010)
- Dear Buddhist Friends;
This year is the special year in the history of Florida Buddhist Summer Camp in Orlando. Ever since Venerable Xian Ming suggested in 2001 to start the Florida Buddhist Summer Camp, under Ven. Ming Guang`s guidance, the summer camp has entered its tenth year. To celebrate the 10th anniversary, this year we invited back the teachers who have taught in Summer Camp in the past ten years to reunite with all practitioners to refresh our memory of the past, to prepare for the future, and to strengthen our faith.
Topics: 10 year anniversary celebration; Buddhism, Science, and Environmental Protection.
Date: July 3July 6, 2010. Registration starts July 2, 2010
Location: University Inn, 11731 E. Colonial Dr. Orlando, FL 32817 Tel: (407)273-1500
Confirmed Buddhist Teachers;
1. Ven. Ming Guang, Taiwan;
2. Ven. Jian Hu, Abbot, Chungtai Zen Center of Sunnyvale, California, USA.
3. Ven. Heng Sure, director of the Berkeley Buddhist Monastery California, USA.
4. Ven. Hui Qian, Guoguan Buddhist College, Taiwan.
5. Mr. Shimin Lin, Buddhist Teacher, Taiwan, Taiwan;
6. Instructor from Fayun Zen College (name to be decided), New Mexico, USA.
7. Instructor from Fayun Zen College (name to be decided), New Mexico, USA.
To Be Confirmed Buddhist Teacher;
8. Ven. Hui Min, Provost, Dharma Drum Mountain Buddhist College, Taiwan.
Scientists participating will be announced.
English and Chinese Adult Groups; Youth and Teenage Group; Children's Group.
Lectures, Meditation, Buddhism and Science, Buddhist Stories, Buddhist Music, Healthy Living, and Bodhi Night.
Before June 20 Adult whole program $45; Children (12 or younger) $35
After June 20: Adult whole program $55; Children (12 or younger) $40
;registration form - please see the attachment file; Please mail the registration form to Dr. Jinda Shi, 4241 NW 35th terrace, Gainesville, FL 32605. (Phone: 352 336 2161. Email: jdshi@...)
Room and Board:
-Hotel: $50/day, /room, (Max. 4/room)
-Board: Vegetarian Meals (donations)
The details about the Summer Camp are still in process. Once decided, it will be sent out immediately.
Please mark your calendar and do not miss this important opportunity.
Any questions regarding the summer camp, please E-mail: a) Weili Luo: wluo@...; b) Mary Tan: maryxiaolintan@...; c) Feng Huang: fhuang32603@...
* Please see the attachment files for the registration form and schedules for different programs *