Found

  • timetraveler128
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 22, 2013
      I was wondering which crew member or passengers of the Titanic are in the group, but I do not want to make anyone feel uncomfortable.

      Is it possible to create a list of Titanic crew and passengers without naming the group member?
    • Albert Chang
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 22, 2013
        I was a stewardess. I survived, but was one of the last off the ship.
        And you?
        I was wondering which crew member or passengers of the Titanic are in the group, but I do not want to make anyone feel uncomfortable.

        Is it possible to create a list of Titanic crew and passengers without naming the group member?

      • Erin Hopkins
        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 22, 2013
          I was a second class passenger who died in the sinking.

          Erin

          From: timetraveler128 <japanesecoffee@...>
          To: titanicmemories@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Friday, February 22, 2013, 1:52 PM

          I was wondering which crew member or passengers of the Titanic are in the group, but I do not want to make anyone feel uncomfortable. Is it possible to create a list of Titanic crew and passengers without naming the group member?
        • Molly Zenk
          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 22, 2013
            If people want to email me or Bill off list we can start compiling a list.  That's a good idea.

            I wasn't a passenger or crew member but later married Titanic's junior wireless operator.

            Sent from my iPad

            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 22, 2013
              Sorry, I did not mean to leave out Spouses, Friends, and Family of anyone on the Titanic.

              I do not remember anything from then.

              --- In titanicmemories@yahoogroups.com, Molly Zenk <lucybride@...> wrote:

              > If people want to email me or Bill off list we can start compiling a list. That's a good idea.
              >
              > I wasn't a passenger or crew member but later married Titanic's junior wireless operator.
              >
              > Sent from my iPad
              >
              > On Feb 22, 2013, at 11:52 AM, "timetraveler128" <japanesecoffee@...> wrote:
              >
              > > I was wondering which crew member or passengers of the Titanic are in the group, but I do not want to make anyone feel uncomfortable.
              > >
              > > Is it possible to create a list of Titanic crew and passengers without naming the group member?

            • Simon Platts
              Message 6 of 27 , Feb 22, 2013
                Is the reincarnation of Captain here, I read he was a show captain, I think it meant flagship for the company, I know he went down with the ship, is it true the band played on, I am also interested.

                Message 7 of 27 , Feb 22, 2013
                  So you are a reincarnation of a stewardess, I'm glad you survived. Does anyone here recall their in between life, the stage before returning to Earth?

                  Message 8 of 27 , Feb 22, 2013
                    You know Erin, I do believe it was unfair the way the life boats were used and under capacity, is it true there was more chance of survival if you were from first class? I remember a drama from years ago about a woman passenger having a premonition of the sinking of the Titanic but the woman's husband thought she was just having nightmares. In fact both were first class passengers, even thought the woman was saved her poor husband went down with the ship. I think it was a beyond belief type programme.

                    From: timetraveler128 <japanesecoffee@...>
                    To: titanicmemories@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Friday, February 22, 2013, 1:52 PM

                    Message 9 of 27 , Feb 22, 2013
                      Was this your past life Molly? Sorry guys I know I need to catch up by reading previous entries when I have time.

                      Message 10 of 27 , Feb 22, 2013
                        Yes, I was Lucy Bride. The wireless community was small so, through Harry, she knew the other wireless operators connected to the disaster -- Thomas Cottam and Cyril Evans. They (Harry and Lucy) went to the ground breaking of the Jack Phillips Memorial together.

                        Molly
                        Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad

                        Message 11 of 27 , Feb 22, 2013
                          Interesting

                          Message 12 of 27 , Feb 22, 2013
                            It was but at the same time people didn't know.  Many people didn't believe the ship would actually sink.

                            There were multiple people who had promonitions of the Titanic sinking.  I was a woman named Anita in that life.  Anita did have a premonition of the ship sinking but couldn't exchange or get new tickets so she went anyway.

                            Erin

                            Message 13 of 27 , Feb 23, 2013
                              And she probably believed it was only a dream

[...]

                              WebRep
                              currentVote
                              noRating
                              noWeight
                            • Charlotte Ballard
                              Message 14 of 27 , Feb 23, 2013

                                I don’t think it is a good idea to compile a list of historical people connected to people here. I have seen what Bill has gone through when “crazies” get some wild notions about him in their head about Tommy Andrews. Our group is small enough that anyone would be able to figure out who was who and it would break that privacy that belongs to them (for the ones who want to keep past identities private-like me). I am one that chooses to remain private about who I know I was. I don’t want recognition for something for me that was. I am who I am in this life. I was who I was in that life…but I don’t welcome criticism or intrusions from people who don’t know me now or then. I don’t intend to ever “go public” about my past lives, there is simply too much crap out there from too many crazy people. And, too…once “the Jeanie is out of the bottle”, you cannot put her back in again.

                                Charlotte

                                Message 15 of 27 , Feb 24, 2013
                                  Makes sense Charlotte but I am not the kind of person who would criticise a person's behaviour in a crises like the sinking of the Titanic and I doubt most here would either. No one can know how they would react to this kind of crises. However, I respect your decision and reasons.

                                  I don’t think it is a good idea to compile a list of historical people connected to people here. I have seen what Bill has gone through when “crazies” get some wild notions about him in their head about Tommy Andrews. Our group is small enough that anyone would be able to figure out who was who and it would break that privacy that belongs to them (for the ones who want to keep past identities private-like me). I am one that chooses to remain private about who I know I was. I don’t want recognition for something for me that was. I am who I am in this life. I was who I was in that life…but I don’t welcome criticism or intrusions from people who don’t know me now or then. I don’t intend to ever “go public” about my past lives, there is simply too much crap out there from too many crazy people. And, too…once “the Jeanie is out of the bottle”, you cannot put her back in again.

                                  Charlotte

                                  Sorry, I did not mean to leave out Spouses, Friends, and Family of anyone on the Titanic.

                                  I do not remember anything from then.

                                  --- In titanicmemories@yahoogroups.com, Molly Zenk wrote:

                                  > If people want to email me or Bill off list we can start compiling a list. That's a good idea.
                                  >
                                  > I wasn't a passenger or crew member but later married Titanic's junior wireless operator.
                                  >
                                  > Sent from my iPad
                                  >
                                  > On Feb 22, 2013, at 11:52 AM, "timetraveler128" wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > I was wondering which crew member or passengers of the Titanic are in the group, but I do not want to make anyone feel uncomfortable.
                                  > >
                                  > > Is it possible to create a list of Titanic crew and passengers without naming the group member?

                                  WebRep
                                  currentVote
                                  noRating
                                  noWeight
                                • Bill Casciato barnes
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Feb 24, 2013
                                    I personally do not favor making a list.  Charlotte mentioned what I have suffered.  In fact I'm the poster boy for not "coming Out" so to speak. I have been contacted for example by male and female "ex-lovers."  I have been expected to know what Tommie had for breakfast.  And God forbid I should not remember some trite detail about the Grand Old Lady. I have met personally with the former J. Bruce Ismay. SHE is an interesting person with whom I have lost contact. I have met personally with Tommie's wife. She is very caught up in that past-life persona to the extent that I believe it has affected her state of mind. It is my opinion that Titanic's discoverer John Ballard was Titanic's Captain.  I have no solid reason for this except for my intuition. That said, if anyone on the list wants to share their past-life name with us should feel free to do so.  We are after all a non-judgmental group.
                                    Bill C. Barnes

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Feb 24, 2013
                                      I had that exact experience five years ago when I joined other reincarnation groups, I was banned from about four because I couldn't come up with enough information about a person I might have been and then classed as a troll, what hurts is, you're still trying to figure out if that was true or not and you are bouncing ideas of what you thought were like minded individuals and instead get attacked. My story in brief, I believed I was a child living in Nazi Germany and a girl and I didn't like to bring that up here for obvious reasons, that I don't have...actual memories...just flashbacks is difficult. For a time I believed I may have been Helga Goebbels and that within itself is a controversy. I don't believe that anymore but maybe I was a girl close to her. I joined this page because I believe there must have been a life before that one and I do have a healthy fear of water, I can swim but I do also feel a light interest in the Titanic. I don't yet believe I was ever on board the ship but there is a possibility. For any of you reincarnation Jews or Jewish this life, I have no racial feelings, I believe God made us all equal. It would be interesting though if any of you also had a life in Germany during the war. Sorry for taking this off track as this is for past life Titanic survivors. As an aside, my favourite children's book The Wind in the Willows was published in 1912 I believed, the same year the Titanic sank right? Do any of you ever dream you return to the Titanic or had an alternative reality that the Titanic didn't sink?

                                      Simon

> [...]

                                      Charlotte

                                      Sorry, I did not mean to leave out Spouses, Friends, and Family of anyone on the Titanic.

                                      I do not remember anything from then.

                                      --- In titanicmemories@yahoogroups.com, Molly Zenk wrote:

                                      > If people want to email me or Bill off list we can start compiling a list. That's a good idea.
                                      >
                                      > I wasn't a passenger or crew member but later married Titanic's junior wireless operator.
                                      >
                                      > Sent from my iPad
                                      >
                                      > On Feb 22, 2013, at 11:52 AM, "timetraveler128" wrote:
                                      >
                                      > > I was wondering which crew member or passengers of the Titanic are in the group, but I do not want to make anyone feel uncomfortable.
                                      > >
                                      > > Is it possible to create a list of Titanic crew and passengers without naming the group member?

                                    • Sammibird3
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Feb 24, 2013
                                        I am reluctant to do this because I want my members to feel safe. However from the scientific point of view I think making an OFFLINE list would provide empirical data. The info would be kept private. Unless othedrwise directed. We need to establish HOW this info would be used. Also remember that iam a researcher and may.  have pointed questions for you.
                                        Bill C Barnes

                                        Sent from my Samsung Transform™ Ultra

                                        Message 19 of 27 , Feb 24, 2013

                                          I have seen people use their “past-lives” to get attention. Some even go to the point of taking a historical person and “live-thru” that persona whether or not it was them. Or even make something up—some drama for whatever reason—to get attention or pity, to play the “poor-me” gambit, to get prestige for being someone important, etc. I don’t want anyone to think that I claim what I claim for any of those reasons—(it was a carefully thought-out discovery process). I believe that I have been given these insights to help me to realize why I was born into the family I was born into this time. A gift to help me grow, and as a way to help me forgive my family—since they just gave me what I asked for anyway.  And to help me to know that I have lost nothing by what happened. I have my partner with me, and we have lived our lives out quietly and well. I know that I am in exactly the right place in exactly the right time for my personal growth. I am not perfect, but each day gives me opportunities for becoming a better version of who I am now.

                                          Charlotte

                                          Message 20 of 27 , Feb 24, 2013

                                            I was wondering that myself—exactly what would be the point except to satisfy people’s curiosity…

                                            Charlotte

                                            Message 21 of 27 , Feb 24, 2013
                                              Hi Charlotte, I see what you mean, well even if I was someone famous in my past life, I have no interest in coming out because what good would it do? Is your partner this life the same as your past life partner?

                                              Message 22 of 27 , Feb 24, 2013

                                                I wasn’t thinking about the Titanic crisis in particular, but people’s need for shoring up weak personalities.  I don’t want to be branded with the same “crazy” brush as those 87 people who all claim to be Napoleon or Caesar.  Or dismissed as a liar. It is a personality flaw of my own that I want to be taken seriously. Reincarnation is real and my past-lives were real. (are real) Yet, I don’t ever want to be held up to public ridicule because someone else isn’t open-minded enough to accept my truth about myself.  Look at what happened to Shirley McClaine and our own Bill. This is even before you start talking about behavior in a crisis. I would not deny my beliefs if asked, but I am not of stern enough material to lay it out publicly and let the storm winds blow in come what may.

                                                Perhaps I would feel differently if I had not been a recognizable figure on the Titanic. It would be easier to say I was a third class passenger from Syria or a fire-stoker. It would be easier for others to accept that as well. For then it would be easy to see that I don’t claim a connection for aggrandizement, but because it is my truth.  Still…my life was my life then, as this life is my life now. My persona then was flawed and I am flawed now, but I regret neither. I would not be who I am now if it were not for both of these personas in my pathway.

                                                Charlotte

                                                Message 23 of 27 , Feb 24, 2013
                                                  I feel it is easy to be a nobody than be a historical figure and need to prove yourself or myself

                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Feb 24, 2013

                                                    Yes. But that tends to be true in reincarnation, anyway. People reincarnate usually with the same group of souls. I am blessed with having my partner back in my life. I think it is to make up for the one that was cut short. He is just as good to me now, as he was then.

                                                    Charlotte

                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Feb 24, 2013
                                                      I am not sure why people have to ask about the very small details and something that happens every day. Both of those are never put into long term memory and forgot even in the past life.

                                                      I do not remember what I had for breakfast last week, so how could someone expect another person to know what they had for breakfast in a past life.

                                                      Mr. Andrews (Bill) had whole ship and a the little details would be too much for one person in that life. I hate to find out what questions the rest of the crew have to answer.

                                                      If anyone ask about what I had for breakfast in a past life, my answer would be "food."

                                                      --- In titanicmemories@yahoogroups.com, Bill Casciato barnes <sammibird3@...> wrote:

                                                      > I personally do not favor making a list.  Charlotte mentioned what I have suffered.  In fact I'm the poster boy for not "coming Out" so to speak. I have been contacted for example by male and female "ex-lovers."  I have been expected to know what Tommie had for breakfast.  And God forbid I should not remember some trite detail about the Grand Old Lady. I have met personally with the former J. Bruce Ismay. SHE is an interesting person with whom I have lost contact. I have met
                                                      > personally with Tommie's wife. She is very caught up in that past-life
                                                      > persona to the extent that I believe it has affected her state of mind. It is my opinion that Titanic's discoverer John Ballard was Titanic's
                                                      > Captain.  I have no solid reason for this except for my intuition. That said, if anyone on the list wants to share their past-life name with us should feel free to do so.  We are after all a non-judgmental group.
                                                      > Bill C. Barnes
                                                      >

                                                      > ________________________________

                                                    • Simon Platts
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Feb 25, 2013
                                                        I noticed that people who put forward they had a past life are expected to put forward little details like this, which we can even remember this life, same as what you are saying

                                                        --- In titanicmemories@yahoogroups.com, Bill Casciato barnes wrote:

                                                        > I personally do not favor making a list.  Charlotte mentioned what I have suffered.  In fact I'm the poster boy for not "coming Out" so to speak. I have been contacted for example by male and female "ex-lovers."  I have been expected to know what Tommie had for breakfast.  And God forbid I should not remember some trite detail about the Grand Old Lady. I have met personally with the former J. Bruce Ismay. SHE is an interesting person with whom I have lost contact. I have met
                                                        > personally with Tommie's wife. She is very caught up in that past-life
                                                        > persona to the extent that I believe it has affected her state of mind. It is my opinion that Titanic's discoverer John Ballard was Titanic's
                                                        > Captain.  I have no solid reason for this except for my intuition. That said, if anyone on the list wants to share their past-life name with us should feel free to do so.  We are after all a non-judgmental group.
                                                        > Bill C. Barnes

                                                      • timetraveler128
                                                        Message 27 of 27 , Feb 25, 2013
                                                          It might be easier to answer questions about personal preference or daily routine (if it stayed the same for a long time), but what you had for breakfast changes.

                                                          I still do not think anyone could know all the little details of the Titanic.