Re: [titanicmemories] Dreams

  • Molly Zenk
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2012
      To me, it sounds like two separate events.  The first (of going into a house and 'visiting' a lady with brown hair) comes across as almost an out of body experience.  Visiting your past life self and watching it unfold like a movie and a bit of a disconnect is the first thing that came to mind.  The second, at least how you described it, sounds like a memory.  What about Hitchens?  Was he blonde?  Out of the Officers, I'm pretty sure Boxhall had the lightest hair, but....

      That's interesting.  While typing this, I had a memory flash of Lucy running into Boxhall in the grocers in Stranraer, Scotland.  Probably early 1930s.  She followed him around with her shopping card for awhile before going to introduce herself to see if he was who she thought he was.  He was surprised to be recognized but happy to be invited to dinner and hear that "Sparks" (Harry) was doing fine.

      Molly

      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 14, 2013

        So, I was wondering if anyone on the board has any experience with dream interpretation.  I've been having some weird dreams lately, but the dream I had on Tuesday night about the Titanic really took the cake on this one.  I can go into detail if you'd like but it was really kind of trippy, but definitely felt symbolic of something.  Maybe details I'm trying to remember about that night?  Am not sure...

      • brinyseafoam
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 14, 2013

          I might also add that I think it stems from a certain amount of frustration feeling like I really left something important behind on that ship...

        • Bill Casciato barnes
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 14, 2013
            (Sigh) a good many of us feel the same way.  When life is cut short there are always things left undone.

            Bill C. Barnes
            williamcbarnes.com

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 14, 2013

              Not so much that I left something from that life undone (and I did survive Titanic, though many people often get little details of my survival story wrong), but like I left something about myself that was important to remember, if that makes any sense...

            • brinyseafoam
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 14, 2013

                So, now that both jobs are done for the day, and I have time, let me explain how the dream went.  It features some elements that were true for me that night, and I'll point out which ones those were.  I was in my cabin (second class), sleeping when the iceberg struck (that is true).  Suddenly, my steward bursts into my room and tells me we're disembarking, and I need to pack everything and take it with me.  I try to protest, but he stresses the importance of having all of my possessions with me when I leave the ship (obviously didn't really happen).  After what seems like forever, I have four suitcases packed, when suddenly the ship lurches and all my cases fall over and my stuff is strewn everywhere.  Then my steward comes back into my room and tells me to dress warm and come onto the deck because all of the boats are almost gone (at this time in real life I was actually helping load lifeboats).  I put on my favorite gray suit (which is what I was wearing that night), and head to the boat deck.  About that time, the part of my brain that recognized this as a memory, remembered what I had to do.  I headed to the point of the deck I was on when the wave pushed me away from the ship, and next thing I knew, was a few hundred feet away from the ship.  Suddenly, it was broad daylight outside, and I turned to see bow of the ship fully submerged and the stern was all that remained.  I looked frantically for the lifeboat that I knew I had survived in, Then a gentleman swimming near me explained that there were no lifeboats and that we just had to swim for it.  Suddenly, out of nowhere there was this giant fence (yes, you read that right), separating us from the Carpathia.  I swam for it, and suddenly heard this horrible wailing noise.  I turned to see the stern of the ship bucking like a wild horse (like it had somehow come alive).  I swam faster and managed to get to the fence and push my way through a loose plank.  I was pulled on board the Carpathia (which was about the right size, but looked more like a modern cruise ship, technology and all).  I was greeted by my parents from that life (who were not on board either ship in reality), and was instantly berated for losing all of my possessions.  I tried to defend myself, but was just shown to a cabin, and the second the cabin door opened I woke up....

                Besides the obvious undertones of frustration in the dream, I am at a total loss here (thereby frustrating me more, LOL)

                Help?

              • Molly Zenk
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 15, 2013
                  To me, it sounds like unresolved Mommy, Daddy issues/frustration more than forgetting something on board.  Like "do you know what I went through to survive and you're upset at me for not bringing XYZ?"   I get the impression that they brushed off his account as "not as exciting as all that" and he didn't have anyone to talk to about it...increasing the frustration and later resentment against his parents.  It's not like there were support groups back then so "the truth" was locked up inside.

                  Finding the TM group can be your chance to finally say "this is what happened to me that night" and not have anyone say "you're telling tales.  It's not as exciting as all that."

                  Molly

                  Sent from my iPod

                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 15, 2013
                    thanks. . that does make sense...its not like there's many other ppl I can share it with now either
                  • brinyseafoam
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 16, 2013
                      Are we allowed to submit pictures,? I'd like to do a now and then kind of thing
                    • Bill Casciato barnes
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 17, 2013
                        The system does not support attachments.

                        Bill C. Barnes
                        williamcbarnes.com