April 10th, 2011.

  • Seren Gwyn
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10, 2011
      Hi All

      Just thought that I would post something on the site as I haven't been on here in a while.

      It's April 10th (about 11:30 in the morning BST) and I have a strange feeling of excitement and nervousness! Maybe it's because 99 years ago I was busy getting the ship ready to leave Southampton. Who knows?

      Anyway, it's the start of a strange week for all of us Titanic people!

      Regards to all.

      SG
    • Molly Zenk
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10, 2011
        It's going to be an interesting week.  Also related to April 10th...On April 10th, 1920 Harold Bride married Lucy Downie.  Did they pick the date because of Titanic's sailing day and to have a happier memory to associate with the week?  I've always thought so.

        Molly

        Sent from my iPod

        On Apr 10, 2011, at 4:36 AM, "Seren Gwyn" <seren.gwyn@...> wrote:

        Hi All

        Just thought that I would post something on the site as I haven't been on here in a while.

        It's April 10th (about 11:30 in the morning BST) and I have a strange feeling of excitement and nervousness! Maybe it's because 99 years ago I was busy getting the ship ready to leave Southampton. Who knows?

        Anyway, it's the start of a strange week for all of us Titanic people!

        Regards to all.

        SG

      • Erin
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 10, 2011
          I agree with it will be an interesting week. I go from the Civil War ending to it beginning and Titanic all along the way.

          It'll be interesting to see what happens this week. Last year at this time I kept finding rose buds on the sidewalk. There would be one or two of them each day I walked by.

          Erin

          > It's going to be an interesting week. Also related to April 10th...On April 10th, 1920 Harold Bride married Lucy Downie. Did they pick the date because of Titanic's sailing day and to have a happier memory to associate with the week? I've always thought so.
          >
          > Molly
          >
          > Sent from my iPod
        • Bill Casciato barnes
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 10, 2011
            April 14th will be my 58th birthday.  Ironically after dying on that date I was reborn 41 years later.  It will be a strange week indeed.
            Bill Barnes

            I agree with it will be an interesting week. I go from the Civil War ending to it beginning and Titanic all along the way.

            It'll be interesting to see what happens this week. Last year at this time I kept finding rose buds on the sidewalk. There would be one or two of them each day I walked by.

            Erin

            > It's going to be an interesting week. Also related to April 10th...On April 10th, 1920 Harold Bride married Lucy Downie. Did they pick the date because of Titanic's sailing day and to have a happier memory to associate with the week? I've always thought so.
            >
            > Molly
            >
            > Sent from my iPod

          • Morley
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 10, 2011
              It's going to be an interesting week without a doubt.  I woke up last night around 3-3:30 EST (8-8:30 BST) feeling odd, a combination of sadness and a small amount of trepidation.  Then I realized the date.  Can't wait to see what the next few days bring for all of us.

              --
              Jen Morley
              Warren Players Board of Directors