Re: [titanicmemories] Molly

  • Molly Zenk
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 19, 2009
      Paulette,

      Yes, I have 2 little girls now.  Emmy turns 3 in July and Sophie turns 1 in June.  They're 23 months apart so it's been a challenge at times!

      Out of the two of them, I think Emmy might be my little ghost whisperer.  She's always talking about "grandma" and "grandpa" (all her grandparents live out of state) and, when she was little) she used to have full conversations with "no one."  She was even talking about "Lucy" during Titanic Week which weirded me out.

      Molly

      -Molly Zenk
      Author of:  Chasing Byron and Unheard Melodies: Confessions of a Poetic Muse

      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 19, 2009
        They sure are pretty little girls!  What did Emmy say about Lucy?  Do you have any idea as to if she was involved in any way with Lucy's life then?

        I feel my two baby granddaughters seem to see my father who passed away March 26.  Especially the 9 month old because she will kind of do a double take.  She will look in an area then do a double take and start smiling.  The 2 month old could be smiling at her guides or angels but Kynder, the 9 month old's reaction makes me feel she is seeing my dad as opposed to, or in addition to, her guide or angels.

        My older grandsons are really surprising me.  They were drawing pictures for my dad when he was in the hospital about mid March and the 9 year old for some reason drew a sunken ship with fish floating around.  He always before was fixated on drawing race cars or scenes from one of his favorite video games and suddenly pulled out this sunken ship in March.  Then the five year old was over on April 9th and brought me a pictures of an ocean liner he drew.  It is many decks tall and "people sleep in there where all those windows are"  He had spent all morning drawing it.  Seemed rather interesting, he is suddenly so interested in ships and boats when he normally is into cars, motorcycles and aircraft.  The timing was so interesting, so close to Titanic day.

        Message 3 of 26 , Apr 23, 2009
          All I could understand clearly was the word "Lucy" which she repeated a couple times in a sing-song.  For some unknown reason, she also calls me "Molly" instead of "Mommy" so maybe "Lucy" is along those lines.  I don't know.  I'll try to ask because kids don't even think to lie about that type of thing.

          I missed the Ghost Hunters episode about Titanic.  What are everyone's opinions of it?  Is it worth searching on hulu or youtube for?

          Molly

          -Molly Zenk
          Author of:  Chasing Byron and Unheard Melodies: Confessions of a Poetic Muse

            Yes it's worth it. You may be able to view it on their website too. There was a pretty cool EVP at the same time a member was pushed back when he started to get up. The EVP was something like "wait, don't go" or something like that. Very appropriate to go along with Grant being pushed back down.

            Paulette

          • LilRebel@cox.net
            Message 5 of 26 , Apr 23, 2009

              ---- Molly Zenk <lucybride@...> wrote:
              > All I could understand clearly was the word "Lucy" which she repeated a couple times in a sing-song.  For some unknown reason, she also calls me "Molly" instead of "Mommy" so maybe "Lucy" is along those lines.  I don't know.  I'll try to ask because kids don't even think to lie about that type of thing.
              >
              > I missed the Ghost Hunters episode about Titanic.  What are everyone's opinions of it?  Is it worth searching on hulu or youtube for?
              >
              > Molly
              >
              > -Molly Zenk
              > Author of:  Chasing Byron and Unheard Melodies: Confessions of a Poetic Muse
              > website: http://www.freewebs.com/mollyzenk myspace: http://www.myspace.com/mjlz blog: http://mollyzenk.blogspot.com

            • Kathy Bruce
              Message 6 of 26 , Apr 23, 2009

                Molly, It's worth to watch the Ghost Hunters: Titanic Terror. I wish that the episode was longer. Jason and Grant said that they would love to investigate the wreck of Titanic (something like it). The evp's voice was creepy.

                http://www.scifi.com/rewind/

                if that doesn't work

                http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/

                Paulette,

                Was that you added me as a friend at facebook? I'm just wondering if that was you. I did add you.

                Kathy

                ---- Molly Zenk <lucybride@yahoo. com> wrote:
                > All I could understand clearly was the word "Lucy" which she repeated a couple times in a sing-song.  For some unknown reason, she also calls me "Molly" instead of "Mommy" so maybe "Lucy" is along those lines.  I don't know.  I'll try to ask because kids don't even think to lie about that type of thing.
                >
                > I missed the Ghost Hunters episode about Titanic.  What are everyone's opinions of it?  Is it worth searching on hulu or youtube for?
                >
                > Molly
                >
                > -Molly Zenk
                > Author of:  Chasing Byron and Unheard Melodies: Confessions of a Poetic Muse
                > website: http://www.freewebs .com/mollyzenk myspace: http://www.myspace. com/mjlz blog: http://mollyzenk. blogspot. com

              • Paulette

                  Yes it's worth it. You may be able to view it on their website too. There was a pretty cool EVP at the same time a member was pushed back when he started to get up. The EVP was something like "wait, don't go" or something like that. Very appropriate to go along with Grant being pushed back down.

                  Paulette

                  ---- Molly Zenk <lucybride@yahoo. com> wrote:
                  > All I could understand clearly was the word "Lucy" which she repeated a couple times in a sing-song.  For some unknown reason, she also calls me "Molly" instead of "Mommy" so maybe "Lucy" is along those lines.  I don't know.  I'll try to ask because kids don't even think to lie about that type of thing.
                  >
                  > I missed the Ghost Hunters episode about Titanic.  What are everyone's opinions of it?  Is it worth searching on hulu or youtube for?
                  >
                  > Molly
                  >
                  > -Molly Zenk
                  > Author of:  Chasing Byron and Unheard Melodies: Confessions of a Poetic Muse
                  > website: http://www.freewebs .com/mollyzenk myspace: http://www.myspace. com/mjlz blog: http://mollyzenk. blogspot. com

                • Bill Casciato
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jan 14, 2010
                    Happy birthday Molly!
                    Bill Barnes

                  • Bill Casciato barnes
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jan 12, 2011
                      A little bird told me that Thursday is Molly's birthday.  Let's al;l join in and wish her a happy day!
                      Bill Casciato Barnes

                    • Erin Hopkins
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jan 12, 2011
                        Happy birthday Molly!  :)

                        Erin

                        It's already wiped out the dodo, the cuckoo and the nene. And it has nasty plans for the boobie, the titmouse, the woodcock and the titpecker. --The Simpsons

                        Message 11 of 26 , Jan 12, 2011
                          It's tomorrow, but thanks for the early birthday wishes.  I'm not really looking forward to getting a year older, but it happens to everyone so what can I do?

                          Message 12 of 26 , Jan 12, 2011
                            I don't think anyone likes the idea of getting older.  You can always do as I do and say you're not getting older, you're just moving up a level.

                            Message 13 of 26 , Jan 12, 2011
                              Some people never get the chance to get a year older.  Be thankful you are.
                              Old Man Bill

                              It's tomorrow, but thanks for the early birthday wishes.  I'm not really looking forward to getting a year older, but it happens to everyone so what can I do?

                              It's already wiped out the dodo, the cuckoo and the nene. And it has nasty plans for the boobie, the titmouse, the woodcock and the titpecker. --The Simpsons

                              A little bird told me that Thursday is Molly's birthday.  Let's al;l join in and wish her a happy day!
                              Bill Casciato Barnes

                            • Charlotte Ballard
                              Message 14 of 26 , Jan 12, 2011

                                Happy Birthday, from me as well. J

                                Charlotte

                                I don't think anyone likes the idea of getting older.  You can always do as I do and say you're not getting older, you're just moving up a level.

                                Erin

                                It's already wiped out the dodo, the cuckoo and the nene. And it has nasty plans for the boobie, the titmouse, the woodcock and the titpecker. --The Simpsons

                                It's tomorrow, but thanks for the early birthday wishes.  I'm not really looking forward to getting a year older, but it happens to everyone so what can I do?

                                It's already wiped out the dodo, the cuckoo and the nene. And it has nasty plans for the boobie, the titmouse, the woodcock and the titpecker. --The Simpsons

                                A little bird told me that Thursday is Molly's birthday.  Let's al;l join in and wish her a happy day!
                                Bill Casciato Barnes

                              • Rachel
                                Message 15 of 26 , Jan 12, 2011
                                  Happy Birthday from me too, Molly!! Another year older, another year wiser! :)

                                  --- In titanicmemories@yahoogroups.com, Bill Casciato barnes <sammibird3@...> wrote:

                                  > Some people never get the chance to get a year older.  Be thankful you are.
                                  > Old Man Bill

                                • Molly Zenk
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Jan 12, 2011
                                    Moving up a level...I like that.  :)

                                    Thanks for the birthday wishes, all.  It's fun to celebrate a little early.  I don't really have any plans for tomorrow.  I should at least insist on a cake!

                                    I don't think anyone likes the idea of getting older.  You can always do as I do and say you're not getting older, you're just moving up a level.

                                    Erin

                                    It's already wiped out the dodo, the cuckoo and the nene. And it has nasty plans for the boobie, the titmouse, the woodcock and the titpecker. --The Simpsons

                                    It's tomorrow, but thanks for the early birthday wishes.  I'm not really looking forward to getting a year older, but it happens to everyone so what can I do?

                                    It's already wiped out the dodo, the cuckoo and the nene. And it has nasty plans for the boobie, the titmouse, the woodcock and the titpecker. --The Simpsons

                                    A little bird told me that Thursday is Molly's birthday.  Let's al;l join in and wish her a happy day!
                                    Bill Casciato Barnes

                                  • Albert Chang
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Jan 13, 2011
                                      Happy Birthday, Molly! My Granny used to say, "Pick a number you like and stick with it." She was 39 until the day she died (94 years after her first birthday). So I hope yours is a great one!

                                      Sharon C.

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Jan 13, 2011
                                        Thank you.  :)

                                        It's still fairly early in the day, but it's been a good birthday so far.

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Jan 13, 2011
                                          That's right! In April  I will celebrate the 19th anniversary of my 39th birthday!
                                          Bill

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Jan 13, 2011
                                            After so long why not start going in reverse? My Nana jokes that she's not going to turn 81, she'll be turning 79 next year.

                                            Erin

                                            > That's right! In April  I will celebrate the 19th anniversary of my 39th birthday!
                                            > Bill
                                          • Bill Casciato barnes
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Jan 13, 2011
                                              My mother used to reverse numbers.  Instead of 81 she'd be 18., Butr at fifty-eight this year, I best not reverse the number.

                                              After so long why not start going in reverse? My Nana jokes that she's not going to turn 81, she'll be turning 79 next year.

                                              Erin

                                              > That's right! In April  I will celebrate the 19th anniversary of my 39th birthday!
                                              > Bill

                                            • Paulette
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Jan 14, 2011
                                                I was informed just over a week ago that my hospital hit an iceberg.  We are going down by the head and should be under by (when else) April.  The overwhelming coincidences may only exist in my mind, or maybe it’s a form of comic relief as a defense mechanism.  I keep having so many remote past memories cropping up and it is so hard to not make comparisons.  I have made some such as choosing to go down with the ship (it’s the only way I will get severance pay) I have had it slip and made comments such as “here on Titanic” but am trying hard not to as I don’t want to ‘rock the boat’  as there are a few seats in the life boats and I want one.  Home Health, which is where I started with this hospital 11 years ago will be having some RN positions opening up but I fear too many nurses are going to be scrambling for those seats.  ER lifeboat will have some as well but I have worked ER and will take one if offered but would really rather have a home health seat.  I am still hoping Carpatihia will arrive and save us all.   If any psychic get any impressions, let me know.

                                                Paulette
                                              • Charlotte Ballard
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Jan 14, 2011

                                                  (((hugs))) It is scary losing a job, but you have one of the best kind of training to have in this economy—that as a nurse. Most places are understaffed and need more, so it should be a buyer’s market for you. Plus there is 99 weeks of unemployment pay available veris the usual 26 so you will be okay…I promise. J

                                                  Charlotte

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Jan 14, 2011
                                                    Thanks.  With the changes in unemployment coverage it’s not as good as it was.  My biggest concern is insurance.  I am certified in Rehabilitation so hopefully that will help me get one of the Home Health jobs as the main focus is improving the quality of life, preserving/regaining function with ultimate goal for the patient to be able to live at home.  So I am hoping my certification is beneficial for home health.

                                                    Paulette

                                                    Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 4:49 PM
                                                    Subject: RE: [titanicmemories] my Titanic

                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Jan 15, 2011
                                                      Paulette:
                                                      There are a LOT of older folks who need home health care.  Plus it doesn't hurt you to try at least one of the lifeboats you spoke of. Hedge your bets. I agree with Charlotte.  You'll be OK.Nonetheless I'll put you on my chirch's prayer list.
                                                      Hang in there!
                                                      Bill

                                                      Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 4:49 PM