really strange dream

  • Bill Casciato barnes
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2010
      I had one of my Titanic dreams last night that was particularly poignant.  Usually I dream about trying to get people into the boats and keeping track of the time on my pocket watch.  I remember writing a note to Nellie in the smoking room, etc.  But this time I got to see the sinking from three different perspectives,  One was from jumping into the sea and swimming to a lifeboat.  The other was being in a lifeboat as it got tangled up in the ropes and nearly getting crushed.  The third was standing with a man and his son.  I remember saying "I don't want to die."  The man's wisdom to his son about their impending death gave me strength as the ship took her final plunge.
      I was then on deck of the ship now at the bottom of the sea and a voice told me I needed to forgive myself and not look to others because I was already forgiven.
      The dream was very lucid as I could "fly" around and see Titanic in her various stages of foundering.  Really wierd.
      Bill Barnes

    • Rachel
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2010
        Really strange...However, your dream is right about not beating yourself up over Titanic. We all know Tommie did all he could to get a double hull, more lifeboats etc. but his ideas were shot down. For me, I don't blame Tommie at all for the sinking because of all the ideas he had and tried to get through, and even if he would have tried even harder than he already did, they still would have shot him down. Besides, Tommie helped so many people during the sinking, and many more may have died if he didn't help out as much as he could. Tommie was a brave man.

        Rachel