Titanic: Treasures From The Deep mobile exhibit

  • Molly Zenk
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2009
      If anyone is in the Denver Metro area (besides me) or close enough to travel, there's a mobile artifacts exhibit coming to a local mall in Broomfield, CO.  Here's the information.  You may want to check out their website too.  Since they travel, they may be coming closer to you.

      Molly

      Titanic: Treasures From the Deep
      Thursday, April 23, 2009 through Sunday, April 26, 2009

      Broomfield residents will have the unprecedented opportunity to experience the story of the world’s most famous ship for FREE.

      Titanic: Treasures from the Deep, a new mobile museum featuring over 50 authentic artifacts recovered from the wreck site of the legendary RMS Titanic, tells the personal stories of its passengers in a setting unlike anything seen before. This experience will be on display at FlatIron Crossing in the Nordstrom parking lot on the following days and times:

      Thursday, April 23: 11am - 7pm
      Friday, April 24: 11am - 7pm
      Saturday, April 25: 11am - 7pm
      Sunday, April 26: 11am - 4pm

      To learn more about the mobile museum, and to follow the Titanic: Treasures from the Deep tour, visit www.countrytitanic.com.

      -Molly Zenk
      Author of:  Chasing Byron and Unheard Melodies: Confessions of a Poetic Muse

    • Victoria Scott- Swirin
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2009
        That is great. When the exhibit was at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry a couple of years ago.  We took the whole family. The exhibit was phenomenal. We were able to take pictures of the girls with some of the "outer exhibits". The "actors" were in character.  The one exhibit that got everyone was the "iceberg" ,you touched it to see how long you could keep you hand there. I think it was the same temp the water was on April 12th.

      • Charlotte
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7, 2009

          I went to Branson and put my hand in the water that they had. I kept my hand there probably longer than I should because I wanted to see how it felt. Yet, I knew it would not be the same because I could always pull my arm out and the same fear wasn’t there .. . but it did give a hint to just how cold it was.

          I’m writing a book related to the Titanic. I’ve gotten all kinds of new memories/imaginings…Some of it quite strong – but not much on the Titanic yet. Just one mainly of the stern raising up – but I have a lack of wanting to write about that aspect of my memories.

          Charlotte

          Come join us at

          "History of Gilded Age" on-line group