home

  • Paulette
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 11, 2007
      Just letting everyone know I am home from the hospital now.  It all went well.  Now I will be on disability for 12 weeks.  I am healing well.

      Paulette
    • Charlotte
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 13, 2007
        Glad you're better and that you're back!

        Charlotte

        Just letting everyone know I am home from the hospital now.  It all went well.  Now I will be on disability for 12 weeks.  I am healing well.

        Paulette

      • Kathy Bruce
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 13, 2007
          Welcome back! I'm glad you're doing well. Are you up and moving around? My mom just went back to full time yesterday. She's so glad to be able to have income. My mom said, "Exercise. No matter how much it hurts. Keep the knees bending." My mom also said, "I'm glad that I had the surgery done." At least she's not crying in pain anymore and no limping. Her other worries is osteoporosis. She needs to talk to her doctor about osteoporosis and her new knee.

          Was the knee replacements from arthritis or work related?

          Kathy

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 13, 2007
            Thanks Charlotte and Kathy.   I know what your mother means about the exercises Kathy!  I have learned when NOT to do them!  Like right before bed.  Even taking pain meds I will waken in 30 minutes in pain.  A lot of my pain is from the straightening of my legs.  Oh_my_ goodness! that hurts.  He had to cut and shorten the stretched ligaments on the outside of the legs and stretch the  contracted ligaments on the inside of the legs.

            Our hospital offers complimentary medicine as well as conventional and that helped a lot.  These knees were a long time coming.  I have known they were beyond help for at least 10 years so the complementary medicines didn't do much other than help with pain and maybe slow it down but I started having so much pain in my hips after the surgery I was sure  they were next but the alternative therapies have been doing their work as my hips showed no sign of needing replacement!  the pain is just deferred from the knees, walking differently, edema and all the kooky contortions of surgery.

            I am SO glad I did it and so glad I did both together I don't think I could have ever made myself go back and do the second.  The doctor said they were worse than X-rays showed.

            Is your mom having her other one done?

            Paulette