Question concerning airline procedures?

  • J.B.
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2006
      Does anyone know for a fact as to whether or not when an airline ticket is purchased if background checks of any type are done on the purchaser or the passenger.

      Please do not answer with opinions on fact!

      Yahoo! Photos
    • jm367@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2006
        background check when obtaining plane ticket
        http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-moore/branded_b_13272.html

      • Scott
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2006
          My girlfriend and I flew a few years ago. She had the last name of her
          ex husband as they weren't legally divorced yet, it was Smith. The
          name Smith was on the "no fly list" and made the airline (Southwest)
          run a background check. Knowing this, it appears any name that would
          appear to be a very common name and possible alias is checked. How
          many Iraquis, Saudis, Iranians, etc. do you think would pass for a
          Smith? Either our government has lost all common sense or, there is no
          real terror threat. It must only be a system set in place for
          conditioning.

          http://www.freewebs.com/nvlawman/

          --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "J.B." <HALIFAXUSA@Y...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know for a fact as to whether or not when an airline
          ticket is purchased if background checks of any type are done on the
          purchaser or the passenger.

          > Please do not answer with opinions on fact!
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          > Yahoo! Photos
          > Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events,
          holidays, whatever.

        • Levi Philos
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 12, 2006
            Scott wrote:
            "Either our government has lost all common sense or, there is no real
            terror threat. It must only be a system set in place for conditioning."

            You got it. All you need ask is "If stopping terrorists is the
            objective, why are the borders not guarded?" Checking granny for a
            letter-opener knife is more important than watching for nuclear
            backpacks coming across the Rio Grande?

            Levi