Re: State Charted Corporation

  • diggerflyer
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2006
      Patrick, thank you for your very detailed analsys of my question.
      I have no doubt as to the liability of a corporation itself for the
      federal exise taxes as the holding in McCulloch states, but my
      question relates to the liability of the officer. I know you have
      quoted various statutes, thank you for those quotes, is there any
      case law you know of as it relates to this very specific inquiry?
      Are you implying that because the state (of the Union) created the
      corporation, it by implication also created the officer, and by that
      act he also falls under the same statutory scope as the corporation?

      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, <paradoxmagnus@e...> wrote:

      > Did you forget the COMMERCE CLAUSE?
      >
      > We are talking about the OFFICER of a COMMERCIAL ENTITY created
      under STATE LAW.

      > Can'the government always TAX & REGULATE that which it CREATES?
      > "The sovereignty of a state extends to everything which exists by
      its own authority, or is introduced by its permission...Consequently,
      the people of a single state cannot confer a sovereignty which will
      extend over them...All subjects over which the sovereign power of a
      state extends, are objects of taxation; but those over which it does
      not extend, are, upon the soundest principles, exempt from taxation.
      This proposition may almost be pronounced self-evident." McCULLOCH v.
      STATE, 17 U.S. 316 (1819)
      > http://laws.findlaw.com/us/17/316.html
      > Patrick in California
      >
      > "Machiavelli would be PROUD, Houdini would be AMAZED and Mark Twain
      would say "I told you so."--PKM