RE: [tips_and_tricks] Sine Die: No Day No More

  • Grubaugh, Ken
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2006
      Message
      Robert's rules is not law, only a suggestion
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2006
        May I say a word or two about Roberts Rules? Thank You.

        General Henry Roberts was a US Army General who lived in the later half of
        the 1800s. Therefore the original Congress could not have used Roberts
        Rules under that name.

        I believe that the Rules used in early America were based on the Rules of
        Order of the British Parliament. General Roberts Americanized, simplified
        and made the Rules more useable.

        If a Deliberative Body has adopted Roberts Rules and they make a Decision
        following Roberts Rules I believe that just about any Court would uphold
        that Decision as Law at least for that Body.

        If you watch our Congress (Circus) in action on C Span you will see many of
        Roberts Rules being used. Motions, Quorum Calls, etc.

        JT

        _____

        Robert's rules is not law, only a suggestion