can the child support office get away with this??

  • joe
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2006

      --- joe <j_vargo@...> wrote:

      > can anyone shed some light on how to deal with a

      situation my brother was in this past year. he was
      > summoned to court
      over unpaid medical bills. these
      > bills were not told to him before hand
      so he could
      > make payment arrangements per their custody order.

      one of these bills was  an unpaid dentist bill.after
      > the total cost
      was figured out with a "hand written"
      > bill this and the other charges
      went into court and
      > he was presented with 2 options. pay within 30
      days
      > or go to jail. as he makes only minimum wage he was
      > put in
      jail. he found out afterwards she used a
      > "hand written" bill because the
      original showed an
      > insurance payment of 1500 dollars which she did
      not
      > want known so his amount would include him paying
      > that as
      well. this ending up costing him over 600
      > dollars more to get himself
      out of jail. should the
      > court get away with accepting her word and
      > handwritten bill??? can he recoup his money from her
      > and
      how??? can the court be held liable for false
      > arrest. he has contacted
      frauds dept. at the court
      > and the D.A. and hasnt heard back yet but
      seems to
      > be getting a runaround. the original bill was 1 1/2
      > yrs
      ago. he was jailed in january of this year. ANY
      > IDEAS??

      > p.s. this in erie county, PA

      > p.s.s. any replies
      can be posted or sent to me
      href="mailto:j_varo@...">j_varo@...

      >  more on this also;
      >
      > the state
      police contacted child support office
      > which said what she did was
      perfectly legal even
      > though their order states he is actually

      contributing to the cost of this insurance.this is
      > the type of abuse
      that hurts us all. a "handwritten"
      > bill that doesnt even prove their was
      a dentist
      > bill. her word instead of a check stub of what she

      paid. how long are we going to tolerate this kind of
      > abuse??
      >
      > pre-civil war coloreds werent treated a whole lot
      > worse than a
      non-custodial parent. this is getting
      > riduculous. i believe the judge
      who put him in jail,
      > the support office and even the police are just
      as
      > responsible as the mother involved. any ideas on
      > ways to
      prosecute?

      > people we need to band together on this kind
      of
      > abuse and fraud to get the system where it should
      > be. PLEASE
      any help would be appreciated!!!

    • Dvoltzow@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2006
        If your brother did not rebut the bill, or contact the dentist for another copy, then the court presumes the amount in record to be correct. He can now sue her, maybe for fraud.