Sine Die: No Day No More

  • Don Schwarz
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006
      Roberts rules of order, I do not believe, apply
      constitutionally to states who have ratified
      the subsequent union Constitution.

      It might have applied to the First Continental Congress,
      where that Congress revoked and nullified immunity
      for Judges and other public officials.

      Once the Constitution was ratified, if a state did not
      choose to send a representative, that was the states'
      right to do.

    • Advancepum@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006
        ,

        At 02:33 PM 1/1/06 -0600, you wrote:
        >South called its senators and representives out of Congress
        >and never came back so Lincoln just apriori stuck people
        >back in to carry on as if a miracle of jurishdiction occurred.
        >You can do that is you got enough guns and death dealings
        >to force it. ===========================

        That's when Lincoln changed our form of government. there are two congresses one is not in real existance but it could come out of sleeping and cause a ruckus, if we voted another congress into being and they met on the proper date for their meeting [which is earlier than the present congress meats] they could take the power back from the "Democratic" congress.
        What think ye of that? We are a Democracy no longer a Republic.
        Chicago Paul
      • hobot
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006

          That's when Lincoln changed our form of government. there are two congresses one is not in real existance but it could come out of sleeping and cause a ruckus, if we voted another congress into being and they met on the proper date for their meeting [which is earlier than the present congress meats] they could take the power back from the "Democratic" congress.
          What think ye of that? We are a Democracy no longer a Republic.
          Chicago Paul

          Sure, just like real courts and real money and devine intervention.
          If voting mattered anymore  they'd wouldn't allow that either......
          For it all to happen dejuely we'd also have to trim back
          constitution to before the Delecartion of Indepence and start
          over.
          I just came across info that this document was directed at
          The Crown, in City of London yet signed by a number of
          sworn franchised members of  The Crown's own legal guilds.
          How can same party and its agents be on both sides of a
          document like this and be valid?  MIracle after miracle of
          jurishdiction proves a higher source is operating behind senses
          but what to call it?  There's a rock and roll song,
          "Born in the USA" with a verse
          "I'm just a long gone Daddy in the ... USAAAAAA ...."

          hobot

        • Grubaugh, Ken
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2006
            Message
            Robert's rules is not law, only a suggestion
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 3, 2006
              May I say a word or two about Roberts Rules? Thank You.

              General Henry Roberts was a US Army General who lived in the later half of
              the 1800s. Therefore the original Congress could not have used Roberts
              Rules under that name.

              I believe that the Rules used in early America were based on the Rules of
              Order of the British Parliament. General Roberts Americanized, simplified
              and made the Rules more useable.

              If a Deliberative Body has adopted Roberts Rules and they make a Decision
              following Roberts Rules I believe that just about any Court would uphold
              that Decision as Law at least for that Body.

              If you watch our Congress (Circus) in action on C Span you will see many of
              Roberts Rules being used. Motions, Quorum Calls, etc.

              JT

              _____

              Robert's rules is not law, only a suggestion