Sine Die: No Day No More

  • hobot
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
      South called its senators and representives out of Congress
      and never came back so Lincoln just apriori stuck people
      back in to carry on as if a miracle of jurishdiction occurred.
      You can do that is you got enough guns and death dealings
      to force it. ===========================

      If you do a search for 'Robert's Rules of Order' you should find a downloadable copy that you can review. It's my understanding that the'First' (Original) congress was using those rules for their meetings.

      What you'll find in Robert's is information that explains that if there is not a full quarum to start the meeting then it can't be started.

      And, if there is not a full quorum to decide on a day to re-convein then there is 'no day' to continue that original body.

      So it seems to me we have a reason for the congress to keep having a new
      congress everytime it gets together.  Never the old original one, just
      an imposter.

      So who's minding the store in place of the first guys?

    • Don Schwarz
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006
        Roberts rules of order, I do not believe, apply
        constitutionally to states who have ratified
        the subsequent union Constitution.

        It might have applied to the First Continental Congress,
        where that Congress revoked and nullified immunity
        for Judges and other public officials.

        Once the Constitution was ratified, if a state did not
        choose to send a representative, that was the states'
        right to do.

      • Advancepum@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006
          ,

          At 02:33 PM 1/1/06 -0600, you wrote:
          >South called its senators and representives out of Congress
          >and never came back so Lincoln just apriori stuck people
          >back in to carry on as if a miracle of jurishdiction occurred.
          >You can do that is you got enough guns and death dealings
          >to force it. ===========================

          That's when Lincoln changed our form of government. there are two congresses one is not in real existance but it could come out of sleeping and cause a ruckus, if we voted another congress into being and they met on the proper date for their meeting [which is earlier than the present congress meats] they could take the power back from the "Democratic" congress.
          What think ye of that? We are a Democracy no longer a Republic.
          Chicago Paul
        • hobot
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006

            That's when Lincoln changed our form of government. there are two congresses one is not in real existance but it could come out of sleeping and cause a ruckus, if we voted another congress into being and they met on the proper date for their meeting [which is earlier than the present congress meats] they could take the power back from the "Democratic" congress.
            What think ye of that? We are a Democracy no longer a Republic.
            Chicago Paul

            Sure, just like real courts and real money and devine intervention.
            If voting mattered anymore  they'd wouldn't allow that either......
            For it all to happen dejuely we'd also have to trim back
            constitution to before the Delecartion of Indepence and start
            over.
            I just came across info that this document was directed at
            The Crown, in City of London yet signed by a number of
            sworn franchised members of  The Crown's own legal guilds.
            How can same party and its agents be on both sides of a
            document like this and be valid?  MIracle after miracle of
            jurishdiction proves a higher source is operating behind senses
            but what to call it?  There's a rock and roll song,
            "Born in the USA" with a verse
            "I'm just a long gone Daddy in the ... USAAAAAA ...."

            hobot

          • Grubaugh, Ken
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 3, 2006
              Message
              Robert's rules is not law, only a suggestion

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 3, 2006
                May I say a word or two about Roberts Rules? Thank You.

                General Henry Roberts was a US Army General who lived in the later half of
                the 1800s. Therefore the original Congress could not have used Roberts
                Rules under that name.

                I believe that the Rules used in early America were based on the Rules of
                Order of the British Parliament. General Roberts Americanized, simplified
                and made the Rules more useable.

                If a Deliberative Body has adopted Roberts Rules and they make a Decision
                following Roberts Rules I believe that just about any Court would uphold
                that Decision as Law at least for that Body.

                If you watch our Congress (Circus) in action on C Span you will see many of
                Roberts Rules being used. Motions, Quorum Calls, etc.

                JT

                _____

                Robert's rules is not law, only a suggestion