Demand Censure for Bush-Cheney Misconduct Investigate Impeachable Offenses

  • recticuli
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2005
      http://www.johnconyers.com/index.asp?Type=SUPERFORMS&SEC={29336D51-F9AE-474D-8C08-8D69902D5149

      Congressman John Conyers, Jr.
      Stand with Congressman Conyers

      Demand Censure for Bush-Cheney Misconduct
      Investigate Impeachable Offenses

          I am taking steps against the Bush
      Administration’s handling of the Iraq War and its
      collection of intelligence. I am going to need you to
      stand with me in fighting for accountability.

          Join me to demand censure for Bush and Cheney in
      addition to the creation of a Special Committee to
      investigate impeaching the Bush Administration for its
      widespread abuses of power.

          I have sought answers from the administration to
      questions arising from the Downing Street Minutes, the
      Valerie Plame leak, and scores of other abominable
      abuses of power that pervade the activities of this
      White House. 121 Members of Congress and many citizens
      like you have joined me in asking these questions of
      the President.

          I have just completed a thorough review of this
      administration’s misconduct and have produced a
      250-page report that provides evidence suggesting
      further steps to be taken. [A copy of the report may
      be found at Raw Story.com and also at CensureBush.org
      where additional action items may be found.]

          It is time to take bolder measures in our pursuit
      of justice. This White House has responded to
      questions about its conduct with misleading
      statements, obfuscation, and vicious attacks against
      their critics. We must take the next step towards
      restoring accountability in our federal government. To
      this end I have:

      • Introduced a resolution of censure for both
      President Bush and Vice-President Cheney, and;

      • I am calling upon Congress to create a select
      committee similar to the Ervin Committee, which
      investigated President Nixon’s Watergate crimes. This
      select committee should investigate those offenses
      which appear to rise to the level of impeachment.

          This administration must be held accountable for
      its misdeeds. We have considerable work to do and I am
      going to need your help to make this effort
      successful. Join me in sending a message to the
      President, the media, and the American people that we
      are not going to stand for an imperial presidency any
      longer.

      Sincerely,

      John Conyers

      Printer-friendly Version

      Reserve your autographed copy of the published version
      of the new Conyers Report today.

      [publication date: Spring 2006]

      You may find a free, online copy of the Report at
      CensureBush.org or RawStory.com. The publishing house
      Academy Chicago Publishers has graciously chosen to
      print this volume.  I will be sharing a signed copy of
      the book with those who donate $60 or more to my
      campaign to win back the House.  (When the House
      returns to the Democrats, I will have the power to
      subpoena Bush Administration officials to answer
      questions and face the consequences for their abuses
      of power.)

      E-News Sign-Up
      Are you looking for a way to stay informed about
      Congressman Conyers' issues and activites? Always be
      up-to-date with news sent right to your inbox. Read
      more...

      Paid For And Authorized By Conyers for Congress
      Michael J. Remington, Treasurer
      P.O. Box 17204
      Alexandria, Virginia 22302
      Email: campaign@...
      Photographs Copyright Kim M. Simpson All Rights
      Reserved

      Home | Meet John Conyers, Jr. | Latest News | Every
      Vote Counts! | ConyersBlog | DSM and Iraq | Contribute
      | On The Issues | Michigan's 14th District | E-News
      Sign-Up | Photo Gallery | Awards & Honors | Get
      Involved! | Voter Information | Contact Us | Privacy
      Policy | Storage

      Yahoo! Shopping