RE: paying a deposit (for water bill).

  • CCDude
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2005
      RE: paying a deposit (for water bill).

      Does the "keeper" of a security deposit have to pay interest in Texas on
      that deposit while in their hands??? Is there any law that covers this.

      Thank you,
      Bob Miller
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2005
        On Dec 1, 2005, at 4:55 PM, pd wrote:

        >   The second issue is that California, especially the FTB, has no
        > authority and no jurisdiction over you unless and until you are within
        > their territorial boundaries.

        ...which they cleverly removed from their consttution, so it's really
        anybody's guess (would one call Rand McNally??) as to just what those
        territorial boundaries might be. One would have to ask someone who
        would know the "official" answer...but then who would we turn to for
        that? Would you accept the word of a criminal impersonator? See
        California constitution Article XX, Section 3.

        Only an "officer" can speak for "the state" (with the exception of his
        licensed attorney - see Calif. Business & Professions Code Section
        6067.) So just WHO is this "FTB" that is supposedly harrassing
        people? Some people believe in ghosts, and some believe anything they
        are told. Who has actually checked it out and found a qualified
        officer (with the REQUIRED oath of office on file) with the same name
        as seen on the bottom of the threatening letters? I'm not in the habit
        of letting unlicensed attorneys into my court either.

        I'm not bothered by FTB, probably because I know that it's a "vacant
        office" staffed only by "employees" (slaves) whom any court would
        declare incompetent to testify as to what the law is or was, aside from
        the fact that I hold no state-created franchise. Even though we are
        all presumed to know the law, whenever I've had such an employee on the
        witness stand, and asked a pertinent question regarding specifics of
        the laws in question, the "judge" has always disallowed the question,
        based upon the fact that the employee is not qualified to answer it.

        I don't waste my time quibbling with mere paycheck anticipators.

        Hope this helps.

        FF
      • Jah Red
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2005
          You can't license the practice of Law!..

          Lawyers are members of bar, like club of lawyers..

          this is one thing about US Attorneys, they usally don't have a bar card
          for the state in which you live..

          But you can't license the practice of law..