9th CIRCUIT RULES THAT PARENTS HAVE NO RIGHTS]

  • hobot
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005

      We need Judge Samuel Alito on the Supreme Court as fast as we can get him there. This week the infamous 9th Circuit Court ruled that, " ...parents have no due process or privacy right to override the determinations of public schools." At issue was a California school district's questionnaires to seven-years-olds asking them how often they think about sex and how many times they touch themselves. (Click here for WND story) During the John Roberts nomination fight Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS) once said to me, "It is time for the Court to go back to being a court and not a legislature." This case exemplifies the need for the courts to judge individual cases and not make law. What would the authors of our Constitution say if they were to hear that a court could deny the right of any citizen to "due process?" The court in essence stated that parents do not even have a right to file a lawsuit on behalf of what they believe is right for their children.

    • Clare
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 5, 2005

        A 1939 Superior Court case in Arizona determined that “children are wards of the State”.

        It said it didn’t matter if they were foster children, adopted or children born to the parents.

        The State could step in and take control any time.

        I don’t remember anything about it (except my outrage when I read it).

        It somehow came to my desk in 1990 from a Constituent when I was attaché for a State Senator

        and we were handling a stuffed legal file drawer of Child Protective Services complaints.

        The Senator figured it was probably because the couple invites the State to be a 3rd party in their marriage

        by requesting a Marriage License and then gets a Birth Certificate and Social Security Number for the child.

        It was not researched further.

        Since those details were not disclosed, I guess it would not be valid if contested.

        But the protest would probably be ignored.

        What government employee cares about following laws or rules?

        Clare in Arizona

[...]

        http://www.eset.com

      • jm367
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 2005
          A 1939 Superior Court case in Arizona determined that “children are wards of the State”.
          ---------------------------------------
          These judicial determinations exist in all the States, I think.   They are due to the States accepting federal funds without repudiating the doctrine of parens patriae.   see title 15.   Your State Senator  was derelict.

        • lookin2c@juno.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2005
            Greetings,

            FYI -
            Way back in the late 80's in Kalamazoo, Michigan a couple were being sued
            by the State's Family Independence Agency (What a LIE!) for custody of
            their children for, of all things, "home schooling". They were losing!
            At a break in the proceedings, the couple went down to the Registers Office
            and file an affidavit named: "Revocation of Signature on Marriage License Application".
            I do not remember the exact wording but they alleged "Fraud" [US v Throckmorton]
            among other items including "constructive fraud" wherein someone talks you into
            something you did not want to do. They then bought and paid for a "certified copy"
            and returned to court. When the proceeding began again they presented the
            Judge with the certified copy and what happened next shocked the damn's
            State's Attorney so much he stated: "They Can't Do That!"

            What happened was the Judge stated into the Record: "This case is dismissed!"
            "We no longer have jurisdiction!"

            No! My memory does not go deeper into it! I cannot even remember the
            names of the couple! I too was shock at the "easy win" for "rights of the people"!
            Just remember... For Jurisdiction to exist there MUST BE A "NEXUS".

            Deo volente,
            Jim for FISH

            When someone who is honestly mistaken hears the truth,
            They will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest!

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 6, 2005
              Interesting about the case withdrawing signature
              on Marriage license to eliminate state jurishdiction.
              Gleaning from many sources, seems orginally it was
              illegal in American states to marry inter racially.
              Marriages were also solely religous or common law affairs.
              After Federal Aggression War conquered both the
              north and the south it created its own 14th Admendment
              colored[under law]persons. As there many births w/o
              a known father, provision was made to accept these
              as offical wards of gov't. It also allowed otherwise
              illegal inter race marriage.

              Don't know if marriage lic started at state levels
              or by federal mandate, please fill in my blanks.

              hobot
            • hobot
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 6, 2005
                I just wanted to note I did not write the brief below
                nor have knowledge to judge Alito but by the bad news
                recently revealed on this list. My header to notice list
                on this did not make the digital conversion transversion.
                It came to me as html block I couldn't disect apart.
                Peoples land grabed for profit and now childern as gov't
                property to control was sad news I was point of post.
                Implication - US citizen = Gov't issue.
                http://www.bartleby.com/61/82/I0258200.html