Re: SSN Law and schooling

  • worf9x
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 29, 2005
      There is no such law; in fact, the *opposite* is true.

      I have in my posession a document that clearly indicates it is unlawful for your school to
      compell you to reveal your Strawman's SSN:

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      42 USC Sec. 408 provides that: "Whoever ... (8) discloses, uses, or compels the disclosure
      of the social security number of any person in violation of the laws of the United States;
      shall be guilty of a felony and upon conviction thereof shall be fined under title 18 or
      imprisoned for not more than five years, or both."

      18 USC §242 and 42 USC §1983 provides that: Whoever, under color of any law, statute,
      ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, or
      District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by
      the Constitution or laws of the United States, ... shall be fined under this title or
      imprisoned not more than one year, or both;" 42 USC §1983 further provides that a
      violator "shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other
      proper proceeding for redress."

      Pretty potent stuff.

      I would be happy to foward a pdf attachment to anyone who asks via "private" email ...

      Have no fear.

      NetGhost