Adivse needed

  • Lenny VanDerPloeg
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2005
      I have been requesting info from this attorney (6 times)and they refuse to
      repond. then they send a letter of Intent to Sue ,,so I requested again and
      said I would need more info for dicovery next thing i got was a letter from
      the court where they aready heard the case ? I called and the cleark said
      that I was severed this is in Mi I have been in Ca. for 2 months so they are
      lying again . In the collection letters they have said differant dates this
      debt was purchased and when they went to court they said they were the
      assignee of Providian??
      This is the letter i am sending to the judge can someone give me any
      sugestions?
      It would be greatly appreaciated.

      To The Honorable Judge John Connelly;
      Sept 1. 2005

      Your honor last week I received a �Default Request, Affidavit , Entry and
      Judgment�
      (see enclosed copy for your convenience)
      I was never noticed by this attorney, the county clerk or the court that I
      was to appear in court.
      I was told by Mrs. Bonesteal that They claim I was severed ,,THAT IS A LIE
      !!!
      I have been here in California sense the middle of July,,I have to look up
      the exact date.
      But I was not served so that person is lying to the court.
      And I think charges should be brought against them.
      I am requesting a copy of the paper from the server. I have enclosed a
      stamped self addressed envolpe.
      I have requested information from this attorney a number of times concerning
      this alleged debt. Which they have denied to answer my questions.

      1. They have denied me my �DUE PROCESS RIGHTS�
      2. They have denied me the right of discovery.
      3. They failed to notice me of the court date. And lied they did???
      4. I have found where in the letters they sent they have out right lied
      about issues.

      A. In the letter mark # 1 dated 3/ 3/ 04 they stated that this account was
      bought by Sherman Acquisition.
      Which I ask for proof of and other information and was denied an answer.

      B. In letter # 4 They said that Sherman Acquisitions purchased this debt
      on
      6 / 25/ 04?? Which is it ? 6/25/04 or 3/3/04 ????

      C. In letter # 5 now they claim that Great Seneca is the recent
      purchaser and the �Assignee of Providian Financial� If Sherman Acquisition
      owns it and now Great Seneca claims to be the new owner and assignee for
      Providian there seems to be someone lying???

      D. In the 6th letter of �Notice of intent to Sue� I asked for information
      and they choose not to respond.

      Your honor I have my right to discovery and due process of the law. As you
      know.
      If I had �NO INTEREST � in this matter would I have sent so many requests
      for Information?????
      I cant believe that this attorney can perpetrate fraud upon this court by
      lying to the court and me and not be liable. I believe it is a crime to send
      letters to collect a debt through the US Postal System that contain
      misleading information?

    • JD
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 12, 2005
        If you live in another state, and the attorneys send you a summons via certified mail - return receipt, and you sign and return the receipt, they acquired jurisdiction over your person.  Whether you appear in court is of no consequence, they get judgment by default.

        Their problem is to collect.  Your writing to the judge is not going to get you anywhere - the case if CLOSED!  When they send summons for your financial history, deny them the information.  I am assuming that this is a debt collection, as your email is a little absent of pertinent information.

        I advise you to NOT write to those attorneys and NOT to send any correspondence to that judge.  If you wrote to the judge already, you might as well get out your checkbook. By the contact with the clerk, you acknowledged the jurisdiction.

        Your big mistake was signing that certified summons - you wrote to the attorneys - BIG MISTAKE. They don't have to answer. CASE CLOSED.  You had to "motion for discovery",

        There is a good reason you should have retained a lawyer, based on the actions you took.
        I have been requesting info from this attorney (6 times)and they refuse to
        repond. then they send a letter of Intent to Sue ,,so I requested again and
        said I would need more info for dicovery next thing i got was a letter from
        the court where they aready heard the case ? I called and the cleark said
        that I was severed this is in Mi I have been in Ca. for 2 months so they are
        lying again . In the collection letters they have said differant dates this
        debt was purchased and when they went to court they said they were the
        assignee of Providian??
        This is the letter i am sending to the judge can someone give me any
        sugestions?
        It would be greatly appreaciated.

      • Cloverleaf762