Re: [tips_and_tricks] Can you answer this question? Copyright Notice Doc.

  • Advancepum@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2005
      In a message dated 9/8/2005 8:41:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time, oim4jr@... writes:

      I believe that would be the County Recorder or the County registrar of
      Deeds.
      I have also been told that a Notary Public can "Certify" documents with the
      same effect as having them recorded.

      The county recorder and a notary serve 2 separate functions. The recorder records the paper where it is accessible to anyone, puts it on public display. The notary just attests to it's authenticity he doesn't show it to anyone.
      Paul