Can you answer this question? Copyright Notice Doc.

  • Clare
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2005
      Can anyone tell me any case law on this if it is "true" that the "notary"
      can "certify" w/the same effect? as the county recorders office? You are not
      looking for case law. What you want is to read the Rules of Evidence. You
      can find it on the federal court web sites. Look at the 800 and 900 rules,
      especially 902.

      Clare wrote:

      I believe that would be the County Recorder or the County registrar of
      Deeds.
      I have also been told that a Notary Public can "Certify" documents with the
      same effect as having them recorded.
      - C.
    • Advancepum@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2005
        In a message dated 9/8/2005 8:41:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time, oim4jr@... writes:

        I believe that would be the County Recorder or the County registrar of
        Deeds.
        I have also been told that a Notary Public can "Certify" documents with the
        same effect as having them recorded.

        The county recorder and a notary serve 2 separate functions. The recorder records the paper where it is accessible to anyone, puts it on public display. The notary just attests to it's authenticity he doesn't show it to anyone.
        Paul