Re: [tips_and_tricks] Notary and certification

  • Russell Mortland
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 7, 2005
      That might be true in your state, but as a notary I can do protest and that is an administrative power.

      PROTESTS

      (Insert bill or note or copy thereof)

      United States of America
      State of Texas
      County of _______________

      Be it known that on the __________ day of __________, (year), at the request of (name), of __________, I, (Notary Public's name), a Notary Public duly commissioned and sworn, residing in __________ County, Texas, did present the original (instrument), hereto attached, for $__________, with accrued interest thereon of $__________, dated __________, and demanded payment (or acceptance) thereof, which was refused.

      Whereupon I, at the request of the aforesaid __________, did protest, and by these presents do protest, as well against the drawer, maker, endorsers, and acceptors of said instruments as against all others whom it may concern, for exchange, costs, charges, damages, and interest already incurred and hereinafter to be incurred by reason of non-payment thereof. I further certify that on (date), notice in writing of the foregoing presentment, demand, refusal and protest was given by (persons and status) by depositing notices thereof in the post office at __________, Texas, postage paid, directed as follows: ____________________. I further certify that notices were left as follows:

      Notice left for _______________ at _______________
      Notice left for _______________ at _______________

      Each of the named places the reputed place of residence of the person for whom the notice was left.

      In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal of office at __________, Texas, on __________ day of __________, (year).

      ______________________
      Notary Public's Signature

      (Personalized Seal)

    • Advancepum@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7, 2005
        all true in Illinois too. I'm a notary.
        Paul

        > In Indiana, a Notary Public can certify a document.
        > This simply means that the copy of the document made
        > by the notary is identical to the original document
        > brought to the notary by the party seeking
        > certification.
      • frances jo
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 8, 2005
          check your rules.  I believe our rules in NM say that notaries cannot notarize as copies public documents -- those that can be gotten from the recorder or SOS.

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpgUKB/pzNLAA/cUmLAA/aQSolB/TM

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          --
          When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either
          quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest. --Unknown

          "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude
          better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace;
          We ask not your counsels or your arms; Crouch down and lick the hands
          which feed you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity
          forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams
        • JD
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 8, 2005
            Within Tennessee, the statutes read:

            8-16-116 Receipt of instruments in evidence.
            The attestations, protestations, and other instruments of publication or
            acknowledgment, made by any notary public under seal, shall be received in
            evidence

            It may pay to notarize all letters to UnoWho.

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 8, 2005
              1. MAY I MAKE A CERTIFIED COPY OF A BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR A MARRIAGE LICENSE:

                No. Birth certificates and marriage licenses are recordable documents. A recordable document is one that is recorded with some type of entity whether it be the Secretary of State's Office, a court of law, a county clerk, or the Bureau of Vital Statistics. Certified copies may be obtained by contacting such entities.

                A non-recordable document is one that has not been nor will ever be recorded with any type of entity. For instance, a letter is not recorded with anyone but there are times the sender of the letter would like to obtain a certified copy of that letter for his or her file.

            • Russell Mortland

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 8, 2005
                  They should be notarized prior to being recorded.
                  Paul