I AM NEW

  • Joyce
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2005
      Hi@, I am new here. I am not sure what I expect from this group. I
      am 62 on disability retirement, my husband recently had a stroke and
      is waiting for disability retirement. We live in Pa. I have 4 grown
      kids, three of them in need of legal help, none of them with any
      money. I won't go into all the details unless you ask.

      One daughter needs a divorce, which I think she can do her self if we
      knew how. But I am not sure what papers are required by the Penna.
      courts.

      The other daughter lost custody of her two daughters to her mother -
      in-law in one of the rural counties of Pa. where all the judges,
      lawyers and other rich folks all party together. She admits it was
      her fault....long story....but the end of which is, she is rebuilding
      her life in a different county now and will soon be ready to ask for
      her children back. Her legal aide lawyer is one of "good old boys"
      and does very little to encourage her... I was wondering if anyone
      has any ideas how we approach the court with a pitition for custody.

      The third adult/child is a son waiting sentencing on a plea bargin
      for 3 1/2 yrs to 7 years on a possessioon with intent to
      deliver...again a very long story...end of which I finally talked a
      judge into having him mentally evaluated and the results showed that
      with treatment and meds he could be rehabilitated and a useful member
      of society. The Public Defender says the judge is mandated to give
      him a minium of 3 1/2 years. Is there a way of approaching the court
      and asking it to allow him to serve that time in a rehab.
      program....or supervised group home where he could work at a job.

      sincerely Joyce