[tips_and_tricks]FOIA non SSN/EIN bank acct?

  • hobot
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2005
      Mr Miner reports his recent bank success...
      I have 2 non-interest bearing checking accounts with no SSN or EIN.  Just opened last month.  I declared myself to be a non-US citizen and completed the Form W8-ben.  Got my accounts in minutes.
      But as long as you complete the standard bank forms, you are declaring yourself to be a US citizen and the bank will require you to offer your SSN or an EIN.

      and is expert in FOIA and investigation so I ask if there is a way
      to request your account opening and montioring records from
      the bank... with the desire to see what they have defualted
      as a nine digit number that their computers flat will not process
      along w/o.  I'd prior heard about all 8's as non taxable number
      and was floored to see by accidental discovery this displayed
      on an application they processed when no number had been
      provided to guide em otherwise.
      BTW in related issue, insurance remibusements to Dr.s,
      company's have or can generate an inhouse defualt, if pressed
      after they baulk a bit.

      hobot

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2 12:34 PM
        On Jul 28, 2005, at 2:53 PM, hobot wrote:
        >   I'd prior heard about all 8's as non taxable number
        > and was floored to see by accidental discovery this displayed
        > on an application they processed when no number had been
        > provided to guide em otherwise.

        See http://culhavoc.blogsome.com/2005/07/25/ and page search for 88888.
        If it's good enough for the Shrub...