[tips_and_tricks] congratulations and a question.]

  • hobot
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2005
      I haven't approached banks post 9/11 Terror Acts and wondered
      if they'd gotten more hard nosed on this but for gosh sakes
      Well Fargo bank and others provide for non SSN accounts
      to 'illegals' so how can they deny it to others? Would this
      be evidence of discrimination of some sort via mere 'policy'?

      hobot

      The banks I have spoken to would rather go to court than open a
      non-interest bearing checking account with no ssn. I wouldn't mind
      taking them there, but I have no expertise in the matter and
      wouldn't want to blow it with some naive mis-step. The best advice
      I've gotten is "find a lawyer and sue them". Yeah, right.