Re: [tips_and_tricks] Finality of judgment-here's what you are up against

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2005
      On Jun 15, 2005, at 3:34 PM, Legalbear wrote:
      > While the principle is difficult for lay people to appreciate, the
      > importance to society of finality will generally transcend an
      > individual's perception of an unjust result from an arguably incorrect
      > application of the law; an erroneous judgment is thus entitled to the
      > same effect as any other. (People v. Cotton Belt. Ins. Co. (1983) 143
      > Cal.App.3d 805, 808 (Cotton Belt).)

      That's why I try to disqualify any of my neighbors who take it upon
      themselves to presume that they have the authority to make any final
      judgments, in fact even any preliminary judgments, regarding myself.
      Without an oath of office having been taken, any further proceeding is
      a sham.

      I know I keep mentioning this seeming anomaly, but I'm really trying to
      eliminate needless suffering.

      Notice that the above case was an attorney moving for the state against
      a corporation, and "society" had to include inanimate non-thinking
      entities in that case. In my opinon inanimate non-thinking entities
      that don't die need finality to keep them from becoming even more of a
      nuisance.