How To Reply To A Letter From IRS

  • Braveheart
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2005

      "A Product Of Louisiana...Certified Cajun!"

      The initials stand for We The People At The Liberty Tree On The Road To Freedom.
      I have a list member & friend who has gotten a letter from the irs ( I use small letters intentionally ) stating basically he must repay 32 k frns to TAX COURT.....I am trying to get the full story out of him, but he is very upset. I was not on line last nite to get his e mails. He is saying the frns have to go to tax court, NOT irs. If that is the case, I am wanting to think there may have been a judgment against him, but I have not verified this with him....I can't contact him as he is on the road a lot.
      David, ( you can see I've cc'd you a copy of this post, just in case it takes a bit to hit the Tips & Tricks message board & my inbox ), how would you deal with such a letter? My friend said he was going to attempt to call Joe Bannister.
      Without full details on this issue, I don't know if anyone can help out there.....but if they can, please write Tips & Tricks list AND ME personally: braveheart@...

      Shannon Champagne