Re: [tips_and_tricks] I need to modify my visitation/custody!!!!.

  • Atlaw1720@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 25, 2005
      In a message dated 6/25/05 1:44:23 PM Central Daylight Time, rexjudicata@... writes:

      The idea that you could retroactively rescend your signature on any document - is plain silly.

      I believe your right, but I think that you could deny having a bona fide genuine signature on the document in the first place. When you place your signature on a document you are attesting to the fact that you know everything there is to know about the document. That nothing has been held back from you and that you held nothing back from the other party involved. Your signature is in effect your oath. If you discover later that something was held back and if you still say that that is your signature on the document, then you have committed perjury, because you didn't know everything about the document. Therefore you in all probability don't have a signature on any document, unless you yourself constructed it.

      Once you deny having a signature on the document, the burden of proof is on the other party to prove that you do. They would have to prove that you knew everything there is to know about the document. They may threaten to bring in a handwriting expert, but so what. They can only testify to handwriting
      , they can't testify that it is your signature, only you can do that.