motion to enlarge time to file brief

  • J
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 21, 2005
      Anyone have any idea how to file for a extension of time to file a brief
      when the court told me that they would not give me another extension. I had
      two so far and had to pay ten bucks for the second one. In their rules it
      says that for a third extension it will cost 25 bucks but yet they told me
      I could not get another unless extra ordinary conditions.This came from the
      head clerk at the court house in Harrisburg,PA, not a judge..Any thoughts
      please as they say the brief is do tomorrow.....Thaanks Jay in PA
    • mel
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 21, 2005
        --- J <272yb@...> wrote:

        > Anyone have any idea how to file for a extension of
        > time to file a brief
        When you file an extension it is always for good
        cause shown. A couple of good causes are 1) you are
        not a lawyer and have to jam several years of training
        and experience into the few months it takes to write
        these things. You have a job and family to care for,
        as this is not your job, like those you chose to cause
        you to have to find relief.
        20. Lack of availability of good research material,
        and lack of funds. Because the other side had kept
        you in continual litigation, you have been unable to
        work but part time, causing you the inability to
        afford competant counsel. If they deny you so what.
        Go up on a writ of mandamus. don't be afraid to file
        informa pauperus. Instead of financial statements,
        make out your own writ & attach an affidavit of
        hardship. Look up the court cases that when gov. is
        going after you, justice is not supposed to cost, in
        case anyone would be denied justice. Once you look you
        will find there is plenty in the statutes and case law
        to back you up. -M

        __________________________________
        Yahoo! Mail Mobile
        http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
      • drbradb1
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 22, 2005
          A writ of mandamus to the judge to order the clerk to file the extension would be my
          best guess.
          Brad

          - In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, J <272yb@c...> wrote:
          > Anyone have any idea how to file for a extension of time to file a brief
          > when the court told me that they would not give me another extension. I had
          > two so far and had to pay ten bucks for the second one. In their rules it
          > says that for a third extension it will cost 25 bucks but yet they told me
          > I could not get another unless extra ordinary conditions.This came from the
          > head clerk at the court house in Harrisburg,PA, not a judge..Any thoughts
          > please as they say the brief is do tomorrow.....Thaanks Jay in PA
        • Balsaman
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 22, 2005
            Can any one shed some light on this I would appreciate it, are there another more recent cases?
            Or do I have something incorrect?

            Thanks
            JR

            Twining v. New Jersey (1908) 211 US 78
            States need not honor the Fifth Amendment's privilege against self-incrimination.

          • Balsaman
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 22, 2005

              Can any one shed some light on this I would appreciate it ?
              Or do I have something incorrect?

              If this is true than how would one address the courts for charged off debt or debt collectors
              Does equity and public policy over rule all laws now.

              Thanks
              JR

              (Two United States and the Law  UCC Code )

              The change  in our  system of  law from  public  law  to  private commercial law  was recognized by the Supreme Court of the United States in  the Erie  Railroad vs.  Thompkins case  of 1938, after which case,  in  the  same  year,  the  procedures  of  Law  were officially blended with the procedures of Equity.  Prior to 1938, all U.S.  Supreme Court  decisions were based upon public law  -- or that  system of  law that  was  controlled  by  Constitutional limitation.   Since 1938,  all U.S.  Supreme Court  decisions are based upon what is termed public policy.

            • Peter Khan Zendran
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 22, 2005
                You file with the court of appeals for the district you are in. Only
                if you have substantial new evidence can you file a third time without
                filing in appeals court.
                Peter Z

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 24, 2005
                  In this country, I'd say the rules of English Grammar and Spelling are
                  the Primary set of Rules and laws that permit one to use them to reign
                  in the subsequently created legislation and other "official" verbiage
                  that has to conform to those rules as a first order of business. After
                  all, on this list don't you see people trading little snippets called
                  "citations" as if they were baseball trading cards? Collect a complete
                  set by sending your money today, and get these extra bonus cards
                  created secretly under the PATRIOT axe. Then only you will know the
                  law! Hahahahaha! Act before midnight tonight!

                  Look closely at that neighbor who wants you to feel that he is special
                  because of some words in some "law". Around where I am, it seems that
                  a lot of people you might have thought would have read more law,
                  especially law relating to their own actions, actually never did read
                  any. They "think" they know what the law is because they ask other
                  people similarly informed. You know, the way "everybody knows" this or
                  that? You can make a long list of things "everyone" is deemed to know
                  but does not have the faintest clue about. And then there's the things
                  they "think" they know that aren't so. So in the end, if you want to
                  use these words in citations and laws, it's you and you alone who will
                  know what words to use in your own case.

                  Sometimes a good citation thrown at a determined individual is enough
                  to do the job. The first ones you use ought to regard any special
                  requirements for another human being to be able to order you about like
                  a slave, like pressing your face into pavement so they "feel safe". A
                  Medic-Alert bracelet might be found to slow down rowdy behavior, such
                  as pavement kissing.

                  What do you think might have happened in 1938 that would do away with
                  all law and decisions up to that date, and permit a police state
                  tyranny to replace Freedom & Justice as the popular paradigm? Do you
                  think that is even possible for something like that to happen? Can it
                  happen with you?

                  Do the facts your adversary use against you themselves have to rely
                  upon other facts for their existence to be proven? What if you can
                  show that previous actions required to support current actions never
                  took place or that required elements of evidence never existed? You
                  would not act as if you believed they existed, would you? If you hold
                  four aces, and your opponents each call and raise your bet while
                  holding only a king each, will you raise or fold?

                  Lately and for a long time, most Americans have been folding. They
                  don't want to go "all-in", even with four aces!