Message not approved: Send your question direct

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2 10:28 AM

      I rejected Rex’s post because it was directed to a single group member. I insisted that he send it directly to that member off the list and that the reply could be posted.

      Rex replied: Hi all! I was told this is not a forum for discussion, but that all questions are to be answered privately. I am no longer posting to the list. Rex

      To which I, Bear the moderator, replied, “NO! That is incorrect! What you may not do is ask questions on the list of individual members. If you want to ask an individual member a question you must ask it off the list! Their reply may be posted to the list. Is that clear now?? If you have a problem with this policy, I will permit you to make an argument as to why the policy is invalid. Say on? Bear”

      To which Rex replied, “Then I don't understand your objection to my response to the original poster. His

      post did not have enough information for anyone to answer him, so I asked for clarification.”

      To which I, Bear the moderator, replied, “Rex: Let’s do the math together. Today, there are 1550 members of Tips & Tricks. Of those, only one (1) group member can answer your post containing a question directed to him/her personally. That means that if I allow you to ask that one (1) Tips & Tricks member your question by posting the question to the group, then fifteen hundred and forty nine (1549) group members will get an email that is meaningless to them; or, to put it another way, they cannot answer the question even if they are so inclined. All these group members will be able to do is nod their heads in agreement with you and delete the email. If I allow that to happen a second time, 1549 group members will have received 3098 emails that are meaningless to them. On the third time I allow it 1549 group members will have received 4647 emails that are meaningless to them; and so forth. If I get an email like you sent, asking a question on the group, that is directed to an individual member that only they can answer, one time a day for a year; given the group stays the same size; in one year 1549 group members will have received 565,385 emails that are meaningless to them. Now, I don’t just get one email like the one you sent a day. I at least get 2-3 a day that I reject; so, the number of meaningless emails that would go out in a year from this group would exceed 1,000,000 emails! I think it is a well accepted statement that internet users HATE meaningless email! Because of this hatred, many people would leave the group because of all the meaningless email they are dealing with. This happens, all because you refuse to send an email directly to the person that can answer the question off-list.   AND, to make matters worse, the person you are directing your question to, may not even read their Tips & Tricks email the day you post your question to them and may miss your question entirely. I know; it’s happened to me.”

      For the reasons set forth above, questions directed individual members that only they can answer, must be sent to them directly off the list. Their reply may be posted to the group. Bear

      PS: A quick way to learn an individual members email address: Reply to the Tips & Tricks email they posted; look inside the body the reply email for their address; when you find it, copy and paste it into the to: line over the top of the Tips & Tricks address that appears. Pretty easy, huh?

      PHONE #s: 970-330-3883/720-203-5142 c.

      BEAR'S WEB PAGES:

      www.legal-research-video.com
      www.legalbears.com