Re: [tips_and_tricks] Re: State says have to have SSN to work

  • Bob law
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2005

      > The info from the NHES office is that you need an
      > SSN to work. Period.

      I would then naively go into their office and ask for
      a copy of the code section or public law which makes
      the SSN mandatory? If they can't produce it, then ask
      to see their supervisor and suggest that they not make
      claims unsupported in law. I believe it is a felony to
      compell disclosure without a regulatory requirement.
      See 42 USC § 408(8) for verification and parameters of
      same. If the regulation didn't exist prior to Jan,
      1-1974, then they have no authority unless that
      section has since been modified by amendment. If the
      above turns out to be true in your estimation, then
      consider what one needs to do to support and defend
      their rights under the law; as they appear to be
      trying to deprive you of your rights under color of
      law which is also a felony under Title 18(deprivation
      of rights under color of law).
      Respectfully,
      Bob L.

      __________________________________
      Discover Yahoo!
      http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html
    • jrarcherone
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 3, 2005
        I have a related question. The state of North Carolina has passed a
        law stating that anyone who gets a license to drive in North
        Carolina must present a SSN. They have a copy of the statute posted
        at the DMV. According to them it is a State granted Priviledge to
        drive! My question is this; what steps should I take to get a
        license without having a SSN attached?

        Jim A --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, Bob law
        <saveyourpay@y...>
        wrote:

        > > The info from the NHES office is that you need an
        > > SSN to work. Period.
        > >
        > I would then naively go into their office and ask for
      • falconfield
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 3, 2005

          The question is why would you get a driver’s license anyway? Isn’t a driver’s license for those operating a “motor vehicle”? Isn’t a motor vehicle a vehicle used for profit or hire? Does one get paid to use the family car or truck to get to and from work? Does someone make a profit from getting the groceries from the store to the refrigerator at home?  Wasn’t it the legislative intent of the legislators to regulate the privilege of operating a motor vehicle because a business has no god given rights to use the public right of way? Why isn’t it called the public’s privilege of way? Forget about the SS number issue look into the issue of who is the person required to obtain a driver’s license in the first place. The right of locomotion is a birthright, why does the State think that it has the power to regulate and control our movement in the family auto or truck?

          George

          wrote:

          > > The info from the NHES office is that you need an
          > > SSN to work. Period.
          > >
          > I would then naively go into their office and ask for

        • james archer
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 3, 2005
            I agree with you in every detail, George. But I don't have time enough to spend huge amounts of time trying to explain it to the police, and the courts and getting hasseled every time I try to exercise my rights to move about using a car. I have chosen to spen those exciting moments fighting a different parasite with the initials IRS. So why can't there be a legal recourse to having to show the SSN/ID? As there is no law that requires it. If these people have made a law that does require it, it there a way to get it stricken as illegal?

            Jim A

            falconfield <falconfield@...> wrote:

            v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
            The question is why would you get a driver’s license anyway? Isn’t a driver’s license for those operating a “motor vehicle”? Isn’t a motor vehicle a vehicle used for profit or hire? Does one get paid
          • rw fields
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 4, 2005

              Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 17:01:58 -0400
                 From: "falconfield" <falconfield@...>
              Subject: RE: Re: State says have to have SSN to work

              The question is why would you get a driver�s license anyway? Isn�t a
              driver�s license for those operating a �motor vehicle�? ####

              ONE MIGHT WANT TO DO A LITTLE DRIVING AT TIMES, FOR HIRE OR FOR A NEIGHBOUR.
              DRIVING PAYS PRETTY GOOD IF ONE NEEDS WORK. I�VE HEARD ONE FIFTY A DAY PLUS EXPENSES.

              ONE CAN ALWAYS PUT without prejudice 1-308 or an asterisk w/after the signature.

              Then seems the license would be valid for all occasions,  IF ONE GETS THE REAL THING, COMMERCIAL LICENSE.

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • tthor.geo
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 4, 2005
                Are you currently BEING PAID to 'drive' some employer's 'motor vehicle'?
                Do you plan on getting a job where you are going to be PAID for
                driving some employer's 'motor vehicle'?

                If NOT, why would you need or want a 'driver license'?

                "jrarcherone" <arch5511@b...> wrote:
                > I have a related question. The state of North Carolina has passed a
                > law stating that anyone who gets a license to drive in North
                > Carolina must present a SSN. They have a copy of the statute posted
                > at the DMV. According to them it is a State granted Priviledge to
                > drive! My question is this; what steps should I take to get a
                > license without having a SSN attached?
              • hobot
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 4, 2005
                  You and I know its a money control scam and w/o one
                  its a garantee extra fight risk at any stop, or
                  so I've found sans one over a decade now but
                  wonder what the terms will be like now that REAL ID
                  was passed by 'our' representives? Will runing
                  w/o RID be instant terrorist charges?

                  hobot

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 6, 2005
                    Thanks for that response-I will check it out. It's the most practical advice I've gotten so far. I appreciate all who have responded. Good comments all.

                    Sincerely, Jim A

                    Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 17:01:58 -0400
                       From: "falconfield" <falconfield@...>

                    The question is why would you get a driver’s license anyway? Isn’t a
                    driver’s license for those operating a “motor vehicle”? ####

                    ONE MIGHT WANT TO DO A LITTLE DRIVING AT TIMES, FOR HIRE OR FOR A NEIGHBOUR.
                    DRIVING PAYS PRETTY GOOD IF ONE NEEDS WORK. I’VE HEARD ONE FIFTY A DAY PLUS EXPENSES.

                    ONE CAN ALWAYS PUT without prejudice 1-308 or an asterisk w/after the signature.

                    Then seems the license would be valid for all occasions,  IF ONE GETS THE REAL THING, COMMERCIAL LICENSE.

                    Do you Yahoo!?

                    http://mail.yahoo.com

                  • paradoxmagnus
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 6, 2005
                      The following section originally was part of the Privacy Act but was
                      not codified; it may be found at § 552a (note).

                      Sec. 7(a) (1) It shall be unlawful for any Federal, State or local
                      government agency to deny to any individual any right, benefit, or
                      privilege provided by law because of such individual's refusal to
                      disclose his social security account number.

                      (2) the provisions of paragraph (1) of this subsection shall not
                      apply with respect to--

                      (A) any disclosure which is required by Federal statute, or

                      (B) any disclosure of a social security number to any Federal,
                      State, or local agency maintaining a system of records in existence
                      and operating before January 1, 1975, if such disclosure was
                      required under statute or regulation adopted prior to such date to
                      verify the identity of an individual.

                      (b) Any Federal, State or local government agency which requests an
                      individual to disclose his social security account number shall
                      inform that individual whether that disclosure is mandatory or
                      voluntary, by what statutory or other authority such number is
                      solicited, and what uses will be made of it.

                      http://www.usdoj.gov/04foia/privstat.htm

                      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, james archer