Re: IRS Form 941

  • tthor.geo
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2005
      IRS FORM 941 is for the Fiduciary of a Trust or the Executor of an
      Estate to report the financial activities of that entity [either of
      which will have an applied-for-and-assigned Taxpayer Identification
      Number (T.I.N.).

      What possible connection would there be to YOUR job unless YOU are the
      Trustee/Executor?

      Libertarian Lines <liblines@y...> wrote:
      > I was doing some research online and came across the statement that
      > companies are not required to report your earnings on IRS Form 941.
      But I haven't been able to find anything that backs up the statement. Just
      > wondering if anyone here knew the reasoning.
    • Larry Bradshaw
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2005
        Hey Balsaman
        The reason the is simply that the IRS doesnot have jurisdiction outside the Federal government. The 1099's and W-2/4's are tax class 5 documents. True Tax class 5 is Estate and Gift tax. If the Employer is sending out private financial infornation about you on a gift tax document, he(the Employer) is claiming that you have agreed to give a gift to the United States. If you have not agreed to give a gift to teh United States you should confront your employer about making such a statement without your consent.
        The Employer, if he/she is not a Federal agency or a withholding agent for a federal agency, or a state agency under a 218 agreement with the Secretary of the Treasury to withhold Social Security and Medicare taxes from a federal employee working within the jurisdiction of the State (Election Workers and Officials, etc) is not required to file any returns (941, 1040 etc) with the Federal (IRS) Government or any of its agencies. Unless, the employer is dealing in excise taxable activity or having foreign earned income. If the last sentence were true the employer would be required to file the appropriate mandatory form.

        The above is a brief summary.

        In Freedom

        Larry