Re: IRS Form 941

  • paradoxmagnus
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31, 2005
      You might want to go to http://www.irs.gov/index.html and do a search
      for the form.

      Patrick in California

      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, Libertarian Lines
      <liblines@y...> wrote:
      > I was doing some research online and came across the statement that
      > companies are not required to report your earnings on IRS Form 941.
      But I
      > haven't been able to find anything that backs up the statement. Just
      > wondering if anyone here knew the reasoning.

    • Dave Miner
      Message 2 of 7 , May 31, 2005
        There are lots of claims made on the Internet, ESPECIALLY about federal
        income taxes. SOME of these claims are actually accurate. But most of
        these claims are made in such a way as to lead people to erroneous
        conclusions.

        First and foremost must be an understanding of the principles of writing
        laws. Congress cannot write a law that states a specific form is NOT
        required. Congress can only write a law that states specific data must be
        reported. Seldom does Congress specify any form because the forms change
        too often to specify. It is almost always the responsibility of the agency
        to specify the forms to be used to meet any legal requirements.

        I get inquiries almost every day along the lines of, "Where in law does it
        state that people do not have to file a tax return?" This is a question
        based in ignorance. No law will ever state that a particular person or
        group DOES NOT have to do something. A law can ONLY state that a particular
        person or group MUST do something. There is in the Internal Revenue Code a
        specific requirement of certain groups to pay income taxes. Anyone outside
        of these groups ARE NOT REQUIRED to pay income taxes. The IRS loves to
        quote sections of the Internal Revenue Code that state things like, "All
        people subject to the income tax laws are required to file returns." Such a
        reference DOES NOT claim that YOU must file a return. It only says that IF
        you are subject to the laws (if you are a member of the groups that are
        specified in the IRC), then you must file a return.

        All this was said to get to the answer of your question. The requirement is
        not for the Form 941 but for the reporting of any taxes withheld from
        employees. The IRS specifies what forms are to be used to report various
        tax data, and the IRS wants the Form 941 to report federal withholding. But
        there is no requirement for any form to be filed with the IRS unless there
        are funds removed from paychecks. All employers are to report funds
        withheld from employees. Along with the report must be the funds actually
        withheld for the period being reported.

        By the way, there is no law that requires employers to report what they pay
        to employees. That data is "required" by the Form 941, among others. The
        Form W-2 is not required by law except to summarize the past year's 941
        reports for your personal records. The Form W-4 also is not required by law
        unless you choose to have withholding from your paycheck.

        And much of the data "required" by a form is frequently NOT required by law.
        Just because the form "requires" certain data does not mean that the data is
        required by law. The form often "requires" the data simply because the fed
        govt is nosey beyond its Constitutional limitations. So the Form 941
        includes data about how much employees are paid, even though the law does
        not require reporting that data to the fed govt.

        A perfect example of this "all-the-data-is-not-required" issue was the last
        Census form. The Constitution requires the fed govt to take a census of the
        people within the United States of America every 10 years. The Census
        Bureau has expanded the form to include all sorts of data for social
        engineering purposes and for other purposes that are not Constitutional.
        There was a huge movement to protest the last Census, and many people
        decided to throw the form away because it was so informationally intrusive.
        All the people had to do was complete the Constitutionally required data
        (how many people lived there) and leave the rest blank - no race data, no
        income data, no marital data, no nothing beyond the number of individuals
        living there. There was no reason to protest the Census or to throw away
        the form.

        Yours in financial freedom,

        Dave Miner
        www.IRx-Solutions.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2005

          You will notice that there is no email address in the From -- Subject lines below for a direct person return,

          infra.

          So I am posting to the group.

          Try these, not totally sure of the content

           How the IRS Lies to Employers About Withholding

          IRS Makes Chilling Proclamation

          Thanks

          JR

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 1, 2005
            Try this:

            http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i941/index.html

            TxS

            --- paradoxmagnus <paradoxmagnus@...> wrote:

            > You might want to go to
            > http://www.irs.gov/index.html and do a search
            > for the form.
            >
            > Patrick in California
            >
            > --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, Libertarian
            > Lines
            > <liblines@y...> wrote:
            > > I was doing some research online and came across
            > the statement that
            > > companies are not required to report your earnings
            > on IRS Form 941.
            > But I
            > > haven't been able to find anything that backs up
            > the statement. Just
            > > wondering if anyone here knew the reasoning.

            __________________________________
            Discover Yahoo!
            http://discover.yahoo.com/
          • tthor.geo
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 1, 2005
              IRS FORM 941 is for the Fiduciary of a Trust or the Executor of an
              Estate to report the financial activities of that entity [either of
              which will have an applied-for-and-assigned Taxpayer Identification
              Number (T.I.N.).

              What possible connection would there be to YOUR job unless YOU are the
              Trustee/Executor?

              Libertarian Lines <liblines@y...> wrote:
              > I was doing some research online and came across the statement that
              > companies are not required to report your earnings on IRS Form 941.
              But I haven't been able to find anything that backs up the statement. Just
              > wondering if anyone here knew the reasoning.
            • Larry Bradshaw
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 1, 2005
                Hey Balsaman
                The reason the is simply that the IRS doesnot have jurisdiction outside the Federal government. The 1099's and W-2/4's are tax class 5 documents. True Tax class 5 is Estate and Gift tax. If the Employer is sending out private financial infornation about you on a gift tax document, he(the Employer) is claiming that you have agreed to give a gift to the United States. If you have not agreed to give a gift to teh United States you should confront your employer about making such a statement without your consent.
                The Employer, if he/she is not a Federal agency or a withholding agent for a federal agency, or a state agency under a 218 agreement with the Secretary of the Treasury to withhold Social Security and Medicare taxes from a federal employee working within the jurisdiction of the State (Election Workers and Officials, etc) is not required to file any returns (941, 1040 etc) with the Federal (IRS) Government or any of its agencies. Unless, the employer is dealing in excise taxable activity or having foreign earned income. If the last sentence were true the employer would be required to file the appropriate mandatory form.

                The above is a brief summary.

                In Freedom

                Larry