Re: [tips_and_tricks] FRN's and Legal Tender(final thought)

  • Christopher Dilts
    Message 1 of 8 , May 3, 2005

      Hello

      What I was refering to was a mortgage and trying to bring up the tender argument in that type of sitatution.

      As to what I was trying to say about legal arguments dealing with constitution are much more difficult then many try to say they are. I never said anything to the effect that the constitution is of no effect, only that trying to win on that legal argument would be next to impossible when taking basic principals of constitutional law. If you like you can question me, not believe me, or whatever but please do not twist my words. Again I do hope not to have offended anyone , just trying to lead people in the right to direction.

      Jamie

      Message 2 of 8 , May 3, 2005
        On May 2, 2005, at 7:07 PM, Bill wrote:

        > To Christopher Dilts,
        >
        > Basically, what you told me is that there is no law, because the
        > Constitution is virtually ignored.  I already knew that.  Moreover,
        > what contract do you have with the government, bank, or credit
        > institutions that requires payment in FRN's to the exclusion of
        > anything and everything else?  I've certainly never seen one.

        I haven't used FRNs since 1981.

        And nobody ever told me I had to, either.

        I don't understand why so many people think it's mandatory to use them.

        So many people believe so many lies.

        I do know that courts will enforce their acceptance in the discharge of
        debts.

        "Neither borrower nor lender be."

        Debt is the absence of money due and payable, but to most Americans,
        it's just as acceptable as money in return for their life, liberty and
        property, probably because they were taught in school that -1.00 is
        equal to +1.00. And few living today have memories of carrying silver
        and gold in their pockets everyday. Most people living today haven't
        known real money, and are trained to think of evidences of debt as
        money. And most don't care as long as whatever is used obtains the
        pizza.

        I care because use of debt carries with it certain legal disabilities.