RE: [tips_and_tricks] Fwd: Public Officers Reqired To Be Bonded, but usually fail to do that

  • jaykayonline
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 26, 2005
      I understand that, but normally when one gets a bill -- say from the telephone company, the amount owing says $30.00.  But when you get the bill from the City for property taxes, the amount owing says 1000.00.  They always omit the dollar sign.  It makes one wonder 1000 of what are they asking for.   What do you think is the reason for them never using a $ sign in front of the amount.
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 26, 2005
        Since $ is not a dollar sign, nobody uses a dollar sign before an amount.
        Why don't you write them and ask them ?  They will tell you a check is acceptable.
        What they want is bank credits.  The thing speaks for itself if a check is acceptable.