Can anyone help me?

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2005
      Hello, I new to the group. But I need someone to tell me what I
      should do. I bought a house in 1999. I am a 100% disable Vietnam
      Viet. This was the first house I was able to buy since 1971. I
      listen to the real estate person. He told me it was 1.5 ac. 4
      bedroom houses. I was new to the area so he told he take care of
      everything for me. I know that was my first mistake. To made a long
      story short I found out in 2003 that it was only .43 ac and the 4
      bedroom is only a two bedroom with two addition room because of the
      ceiling not being high enough and the septic not being up dated.
      This county is no zoning county. Buncombe co. In North Carolina.

      The appraisal said I bought a four bedroom house the MLS tell me I
      bought a four bedroom house. It turn out that the lawyer that the
      realtor pick for me work for the seller. The plat is for across the
      road from my house on my deed. The lawyer that drew up the deed for
      the seller is a well know person in public office so know lawyer
      will question him. I have been to 7 difference lawyer and none will
      touch it. I file a complained with the Real Estate Commission board.
      That been two month and all they will say is that they are looking
      into it.

      In 2003 when I wanted to refinance so I could pay off a 3 year
      Balloon that I was over finance. So I end up file Chapter 13 to keep
      from losing my house.Should I just walk away. Lose my home and I
      will never be able to buy other one, or is there anything I can do?
    • harold leist
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2005
        Did you find a real estate lawyer or just joe blow?
        The other thing you might do is check with a
        malpractice attorney. If the plat maps are wrong and
        the house description is wrong then you need to find
        someone.

        Try going out of the county you live in. Since there
        they have to work together all the time they may not
        want to step on each others toes.

        --- Aaron <alnam101@...> wrote:

        > Hello, I new to the group. But I need someone to
        > tell me what I
        > should do. I bought a house in 1999. I am a 100%
        > disable Vietnam
      • brokenwrench
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2005
          if you got title or mortgage insurance  file a fraud claim with the insurance company, then file felony fraud charges naming all parties involved . be sure to charge the licensed appraiser involved sue for triple punitive damages. you start at the sheriffs department to file a complaint or go to the states attorney in the county that the seller lives or in which the house is located.
          pursue criminal charges first , then file civil action. fraud has no statutes of limitaions. you dont need a lawyer to file criminal complaints. this is the easiest. there are other ways to deal with this that takes a little study on your part to use administrative common law methods or ucc remedies. i am also a diabled viet era veteran. if you need more help send me an email