Question on process serving and being compeled by Judge

  • payback217
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 3, 2005
      My Question is, what recourse can you take against someone who points
      you out, or acknowledges who you are to a process server, and my
      second question is, can a judge compell you to give up your name and
      address, when you state that you don't understand what's going on, and
      would like time to get counsel, can that judge have you arrested and
      charged with contempt of court?
    • John Wilde
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 4, 2005
        The judge CAN do just about anything he likes. The question is does he
        have the authority to do it? For that answer, there are not enough
        facts to reach a proper conclusion.

        g'day
        John Wilde

        payback217 wrote:

        >My Question is, what recourse can you take against someone who points
        >you out, or acknowledges who you are to a process server, and my
        >second question is, can a judge compell you to give up your name and
        >address, when you state that you don't understand what's going on, and
        >would like time to get counsel, can that judge have you arrested and
        >charged with contempt of court?
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • jimpk
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 4, 2005
          Contempt always has to have "intention" as a center. Always apologize to the COURT when threatened with contempt. Look directly at the prosecutor (not the judge) and say somthing like thisIt is not my INTENTION to be contemptuous - I apologize to the court - I just - do not understand and need time to seek counsel.
        • Daniel Baggett
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 4, 2005
            >The judge CAN do just about anything he likes. The question is does he
            >have the authority to do it? For that answer, there are not enough
            >facts to reach a proper conclusion.

            The judge can do ANYTHING he wants ONLY while proceeding under statutory law.
            Under common law he has a DUTY to perform and no DISCRETION. He must perform his ministerial duty or risk suit.

            Daniel
          • Don Schwarz
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 4, 2005

              I had a friend held for contempt of court, but he judge never
              said what is was in contempt of.

              The judge refused to allow myself or the husband help
               a woman plead her case.

              This was in violation of Sec. 48 of Chap. 221 of the
              General Laws of Massachusetts, which allows any citizen
              to manage their own case, to include, having someone plead
              your case for you.

              The judge broke the law!

              What if the judge is just being an ass**** and tosses you for
              contempt without saying why?

              Would it be advisable to get it on the record, just what the contempt
              was?

              At 11:57 AM 2/4/05 -0800, you wrote:
              Contempt always has to have "intention" as a center. Always apologize to the COURT when threatened with contempt. Look directly at the prosecutor (not the judge) and say somthing like thisIt is not my INTENTION to be contemptuous - I apologize to the court - I just - do not understand and need time to seek counsel.

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • scott
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 6, 2005
                I just did the same thing to people who would not disclose who they were in
                a business. There was nothing they could do but receive the summons and
                complaint. They did the wrong not me and then tried to hide their identify.
                As for the court and the Judge ordering you to disclose who you are, what do
                you have to hide. If you haven't done anything wrong stand up proud and
                defend yourself or slitter away on your belly in the dark of night, it is
                all in the perspective of your believe in the right and powerful LORD
                Almighty.
                Scott Williams
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 7, 2005
                  On Feb 3, 2005, at 8:30 PM, payback217 wrote:

                  > My Question is, what recourse can you take against someone who points
                  > you out, or acknowledges who you are to a process server,

                  No longer invite them to parties, and take them off your Christmas Card
                  List.

                  > and my
                  > second question is, can a judge compell you to give up your name and
                  > address, when you state that you don't understand what's going on, and
                  > would like time to get counsel, can that judge have you arrested and
                  > charged with contempt of court?

                  Not if you disqualify him first. Don't ask me how - look it up for
                  your own jurisdiction in question.

                  Too late for this showdown, but Good L--- for next time, Quick-Draw!
                • pireleif88@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 7, 2005
                    Im in Georgia
                    HOw do you disqualify a judge first, recusal aside?

                    sg
                    pireleif88@...

                  • ted 1536
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 8, 2005
                      You can make the judge part of the case, such as a witness to certain fact etc. or a sepeate action, such as a civil rights action. It really doesn't matter if you can win but just enough to sustain an action.
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 9, 2005
                        Hey Ted
                        If you suspect the judge is bios or pejudice, you can ask him/her to recuse. Chech out the rules of procedure for Georgia. it will tell you how. also teh web cite Jailforjudges.com I believe is correct. Check it out.
                        I just recused a judge in a Florida case against a bank. I was reasigned to the Chief Judge and my rehearing is comming up next  monday. I may have some more details for you then.
                        Anyway, read the rules of procedure.

                        In Freedom

                        Larry

                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 10, 2005
                          I have sucessfully recused a judge in Georgia, but only afterwards of her damge created existed by her first terminating my joint custody and all forms of visitation my 4 yr old son. Exist afterwards contrary to an despite what the expert testimony and trial records revealed,  done as act of spiteful malice and  venegence, Judge being overt feminist demonstrated known lesbian male hater set about to make an example out of me, for my ever fighting back, standing up to either of both her and judicail system of Georgia by my proceeding at custody trial pros se. Despite my proving ex wife abusivem in contempt, guiklty of parental alienation jduge disagreed being I was denied new trial, denied reconsideration, denied appeal county, denied appeal, denied  writ. Fact remains I lost custody visitation my son and now am forever denied from review of adverse decision seen prejudical to me exist at state level.

                          STEVE GREENSPAN
                          pireleif88@...
                        • Dessie Andrews
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 10, 2005

                            Sound to me like you need a libel in review in an admiralty court