Re: [tips_and_tricks] A question about the Census Bureau

  • tom
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 30, 2005
      The constitution says nothing about a census. It does say to enumerate
      the peopleevery 10 years. (Art 1 Sec. 2).
      The difference between the two words is profound. "Enumerate" means
      simply "to number" or "number of". It was a simple counting of warm
      bodies
      for the purpose of allocating representatives. "Census" is the letter
      for letter latin word for "wealth". This helps you understand the
      purpose of
      the modern census. It is to find out how much you have. I have never
      filled out a census form and have had some pleasant and entertaining
      converstions with census officials. Title 13 is also an easy and short
      title to read. There are loopholes big enough to drive a truck through.
      Tom