Bankruptcy problems

  • Charlayne Crawford
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2005
      Some of you may know that I am a judge for Little
      Shell Pembina Nation.
      I have an older gentleman about 81 or so years old.
      He had quit claimed his home to his two daughter two
      years prior to filing for bankruptcy. I believe his
      house was paid off. Anyway, he went through Blue
      Ridge Arbitration and settled or canceled credit card
      debts. Before it was finished though, he filed for
      bankruptcy. He filed a chapter 7. Shortly after
      filing for bankruptcy, the debts cleared out due to
      arbitration so he tried to get out of bankruptcy. The
      judge and trustee would not allow him to get out of
      bankruptcy, and at a subsequent hearing, told him that
      he needed (along with the two daughters) to sign the
      house over to the trustee the same day and they would
      give him 30 days to move out, otherwise the judge
      would order him to move out in 24 hours.
      I have little knowledge of bankruptcy proceedings, and
      cannot hear bankruptcy cases in my court.
      If anyone on the list can help this man, I would be
      grateful. I did suggest that he revoke all
      signatures, to include the house papers to trustee
      they forced him to sign, as well as the originial
      signature of filing.
      If you are able to help in any way, even if it is
      little bits and pieces of ideas, please email me
      offlist at federaltribaljudge@...
      Thanks!
      Char

      =====