Re: [tips_and_tricks] Help on having to pay to defend myself

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 20, 2005
      On Jan 3, 2005, at 9:00 AM, WW011@... wrote:

      > Fire the Judge
      > In California I believe its CCP 170.1
      > Might be Different code different state for PREEMPTORY CHALLENGE

      I think you meant "peremptory". Called a peremptory challenge, this
      right may usually only be exercised once by a party in any given case,
      whereas a challenge for cause may be used whenever a cause arises. I
      find it better to reserve my one and only peremptory challenge for when
      no other cause is available.

      California Constitution Article XX, section 3 trumps any statute.

      I guess you didn't see my message regarding the lack of judges in
      California, due to the above article.

      It would be a mistake to attempt to fire an impersonator using either
      challenge, since making the challenge assumes that the person to be
      removed is indeed a judge. Why would you make a person a judge in your
      eyes if they refused to take the required oath of office?

      I do not find it advantageous to vest mere neighbors who are willing to
      commit impersonation of an officer with the powers of the office they
      are impersonating. Why would you?