[Fwd: They really said it court... under oath no less!!!]

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2005

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject:They really said it court... under oath no less!!!
      Date:Thu, 20 Jan 2005 00:57:59 -0700
      From:krimson3 <krimson3@...>
      To:krimson3@...

      Message

      These are from a book called "Disorder in the Court."
      These are things people actually said in court, word for word, taken
      down and now published by court reporters. How did they keep from
      laughing while these were all taking place?
      Judge: "Well, Sir, I have reviewed this case and
      I've decided to give your wife $775 a week."
      Husband: "That's fair, your honor. I'll try to send
      her a few bucks myself."
      Q: What is your date of birth?
      A: July fifteenth.
      Q: What year?
      A: Every year
      Q: What gear were you in at moment of the impact?
      A: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.
      Q: This myasthenia gravis, does it affect your memory at all?
      A: Yes.
      Q: And in what ways does it affect your memory?
      A: I forget.
      Q: You forget. Can you give us an example of
      something you've forgotten?
      Q: How old is your son, the one living with you?
      A: Thirty-eight or thirty-five, I can't remember which.
      Q: How long has he lived with you?
      A: Forty-five years.
      Q: What was the first thing your husband said to you
      when he woke up that morning?
      A: He said, "Where am I, Cathy?"
      Q: And why did that upset you?
      A: My name is Susan.
      Q: And where was the location of the accident?
      A: Approximately milepost 499.
      Q: And where is milepost 499?
      A: Probably between milepost 498 and 500.
      _______________________________________
      Q: Sir, what is your IQ?
      A: Well, I can see pretty well, I think.
      Q: Did you blow your horn or anything?
      A: After the accident?
      Q: Before the accident.
      A: Sure, I played for 10 years. I even went to school for it.
      Q: Trooper, when you stopped the defendant, were
      your red and blue lights flashing?
      A: Yes.
      Q: Did the defendant say anything when she got out of her car?
      A: Yes, sir.
      Q: What did she say?
      A: What disco am I at?
      Q: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies
      in his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?
      Q: The youngest son, the 20-year old, how old is he?
      Q: Were you present when your picture was taken?
      Q: So the date of conception of (the baby) was August 8th?
      A: Yes.
      Q: And what were you doing at that time?
      Q: She had three children, right?
      A: Yes.
      Q: How many were boys?
      A: None.
      Q: Were there any girls?
      Q: You say the stairs went down to the basement?
      A: Yes.
      Q: And these stairs, did they go up also?
      Q: How was your first marriage terminated?
      A: By death.
      Q: And by whose death was it terminated?
      Q: Can you describe the individual?
      A: He was about medium height and had a beard.
      Q: Was this a male or a female?
      Q: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to
      a deposition that I sent to your attorney?
      A: No, this is how I dress when I go to work.
      Q: Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on
      dead people?
      A: All my autopsies are performed on dead people.
      Q: All your responses must be oral, OK?
      A: OK.
      Q: What school did you go to?
      A: Oral.
      Q: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?
      A: The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m.
      Q: And Mr. Dennington was dead at the time?
      A: No, he was sitting on the table wondering why I
      was doing an autopsy on him.
      Q: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?
      Q: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you
      check for pulse?
      A: No.
      Q: Did you check for blood pressure?
      A: No.
      Q: Did you check for breathing?
      A: No.
      Q: So, then it is possible that the patient was
      alive when you began the autopsy?
      A: No.
      Q: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
      A: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
      Q: But could the patient have still been alive nevertheless?
      A: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive
      and practicing law somewhere
      .