Re: [tips_and_tricks] power of attorney

  • JD
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
      Depending on the use of a POA, there may be certain limitations that must be added to be universally accepted.  For instance, my daughter's POA contains the provision that it expires on:
      1.  End of year.
      2.  Should she become married.
      3.  Event that she could become incapable of carrying out the duties of the POA.

      There could be other items added or removed from a general or specific POA. Mine is specific, and has been accepted to all she presented it to.