Re: [tips_and_tricks] Help on having to pay to defend myself

  • WW011@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2005
      Fire the Judge
      In California I believe its CCP 170.1
      Might be Different code different state for PREEMPTORY CHALLENGE
    • Cyril Grosse
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005

        CCP 170.1 is for disqualification for cause.  170.6 is the peremptory challenge and can only be used once if my memory serves me correctly.

        Cyril Grosse

        Cyril@...

        "A truth's initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed.  When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker, a raving lunatic." -- Dresden James

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 20, 2005
          On Jan 3, 2005, at 9:00 AM, WW011@... wrote:

          > Fire the Judge
          > In California I believe its CCP 170.1
          > Might be Different code different state for PREEMPTORY CHALLENGE

          I think you meant "peremptory". Called a peremptory challenge, this
          right may usually only be exercised once by a party in any given case,
          whereas a challenge for cause may be used whenever a cause arises. I
          find it better to reserve my one and only peremptory challenge for when
          no other cause is available.

          California Constitution Article XX, section 3 trumps any statute.

          I guess you didn't see my message regarding the lack of judges in
          California, due to the above article.

          It would be a mistake to attempt to fire an impersonator using either
          challenge, since making the challenge assumes that the person to be
          removed is indeed a judge. Why would you make a person a judge in your
          eyes if they refused to take the required oath of office?

          I do not find it advantageous to vest mere neighbors who are willing to
          commit impersonation of an officer with the powers of the office they
          are impersonating. Why would you?