Re: [tips_and_tricks] Banned by yahoogroups? - Addressing Police Misconduct

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2004
      How about if a judge blackmailed you into waiving your right to a jury
      trial, then found you guilty? I had a judge do this to me last year.
      I'd never had any arrest whatsoever after 53 years. This involved
      charges of domestic violence and a 4th degree felony (a charge for 4th
      degree DV, 1st degree DV, and the felony was because when 911 called
      back I told them nothing was wrong). All I had done was break a
      sentimental photograph in my wife's presence (she was 8 feet away from
      me) after she told me she had really left home because she had a
      boyfriend at work (she baited me).

      Anyway, the judge told my lawyer (who I'm sure will not back up my
      story) that if I persisted in my request for a jury trial, then I could
      have one, but I needed to be made aware that if the jury convicted me of
      ANY one of the 3 charges, I would go straight to jail from the
      courtroom. BUT, if I would waive my right to a jury, then even if he
      found me guilty I probably wouldn't be sent to jail.

      The judge 'relayed' his blackmail to me through my lawyer (who is a part
      -time magistrate himself) so I didn't hear the judge say this firsthand,
      and I think this is where he is 'safe'.