Re: [tips_and_tricks] Group(s) dedicated to municipal court reform / traffic self-defense advice

  • Jimmy Turner
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 12, 2004
      Hi,

           These two gentlemen are VERY active in the area you are pursuing.

                                                             Jimmy Turner   www.givemeliberty.org

      http://mail.yahoo.com

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 12, 2004
        On Dec 10, 2004, at 2:11 PM, silversand2021 wrote:

        > Anyone have tips on
        > sources of info, techniques, and anything else that might help a
        > person throw a monkey-wrench into the works of a local court?

        Can you get people to refrain from making waivers of rights?

        Accepting a traffic ticket is a waiver of a formal verified complaint,
        something I've yet to see produced in California in over 25 years.
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 15, 2004
          On Dec 13, 2004, at 1:23 PM, Jeff wrote:

          > Accepting a traffic ticket is a waiver of a formal verified complaint,
          > something I've yet to see produced in California in over 25 years.
          >
          > CAN YOU ENTER SOME RELEVANT AUTHORITY TO YOUR ABOVE STATEMENT?

          Besides logic? Read the Penal Code and tell me you come to some other
          conclusion.

          From Penal Code section 853.9:
          "... a defendant may... waive the filing of a verified complaint and
          elect
          that the prosecution may proceed upon a written notice to appear."

          "Notice to appear" is the official name for what people call "traffic
          tickets". They are used for obtaining a waiver of jurisdiction over a
          person's signature.

          I do not need a "relevent authority" to proclaim that water imparts
          wetness, or that voluntarily accepting other than the law requires
          constitutes a waiver of right(s).

          But it doesn't really matter since there are no lawful officers
          qualified to give you anything.

          See Calif. Const. Art. XX, section 3. See the word, "all", and see
          the provision for exemptions from the requirements, then ask your
          contestant-for-credibility if he has an exemption.

          Do you accept documents purporting to be criminal charges from your
          mere neighbors?

          Can an impersonator fool you? Don't you resent being the victim of an
          attempt at impersonation of an officer?

          I require that anyone making a claim be qualified to make the claim.

          I haven't found anyone in over two decades of looking.

          In the same time, I've found about ten people to whom it makes any
          difference. Most people are glad to waive rights and let impersonators
          get away with the crime they love.