Group(s) dedicated to municipal court reform / traffic self-defense advice

  • silversand2021
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 10, 2004
      Hello all!

      I have 3 requests to make of the members of this group. Please take
      a couple of minutes to read this :)

      1.) I'm looking for information on any groups dedicated to reform of
      the local municipal courts (especially as related to traffic
      violations). Can anyone point me in the right direction to contact an
      organization like this, if any exist? (I'm sure they do, I'm not the
      only one who was ever issued an unfair traffic ticket).

      2.) Does anyone have tips/tricks/unusual approaches to defending
      oneself in municipal court vs. traffic violations? I.e. if the ticket
      not major enough to warrant the services of a lawyer, but will
      still "hurt" one's budget, what can the defendant do to prove himself
      not guilty?

      3.) Also, I would like to start a movement to educate people in the
      art/science of self-defense in traffic court, thereby increasing the
      percentage of cases that are actually tried (and hopefully won), as
      opposed to watching hundreds of people march through the courtroom,
      plead guilty because they don't know how to defend themselves, and
      drop their money into the pockets of the township. I have come across
      statistical data that shows that if the 2-3% nationwide average of
      traffic cases that actually go to trial rises to 12-15%, the
      municipal courts will be UNABLE TO PROCESS THE CASELOAD, and be
      FORCED TO dismiss cases, automatically reduce penalties, and/or
      reschedule cases for a *much* later date (giving the people more time
      to prepare & a chance to save up some cash). Anyone have tips on
      sources of info, techniques, and anything else that might help a
      person throw a monkey-wrench into the works of a local court?

      (Recently, I was issued a ticket for going the wrong way in a one-
      way road.... in a parking lot. It took me 4 court sessions, but I
      finally walked away clear. And this is without ANY legal experience,
      just an attitude of not accepting a punishment for something I did
      not do. So, yeah, standing up to the men with guns DOES work!)

      Comments/advice: E-mail SILVERSAND2021@...
      Flames/prejudice: //dev/null
    • The Handyman
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 12, 2004
        In 1986 I received 33 tickets because the powers that be wanted me to stay a slave on the plantation.  Yes! I served time in their hotel and spent a lot of time in court.  My case would be set for 9 AM and taken up at 4:30 PM.  Such is customary when you buck the system.  Fighting alone will not help as there are no absolutes in their system to rely upon.  You are in a cash register court and the only thing that controls is money of which there is none.  But if you resist, defend, appeal, and not pay a dime ( by asserting the money issue) or cater the bar association, they soon leave you alone.  The most I ever spent is jail was 10 days in the pink room.   I sued the Mayor's court and collected $13,000.  Another time I collected $8,700.  That's all it took for them to leave me alone.  I just recently tried Rice Mc Cloud's 3 day notice requesting closure for failure to state a claim upon which relief can be granted to a sovereign and thus far have not heard a thing.  I may still be picked up on a warrant but plan to use the same method as you will find in the Stop-the-Cop packet.  There is no silver bullet and you either wear them down with hearings and paper-work or they exhaust your willingness to resist.  If you are employed it may be best to stay on the plantation.  Their is a group on Yahoo dedicated to traffic cases.
        I have 3 requests to make of the members of this group. Please take
        a couple of minutes to read this :)

      • Jimmy Turner
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 12, 2004
          Hi,

               These two gentlemen are VERY active in the area you are pursuing.

                                                                 Jimmy Turner   www.givemeliberty.org

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Gary Cummings
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 12, 2004
            Did you hire an attorney to sue the court? I was caught up in a municipal traffic conflict here in Cleveland and filed a MTD but the cop didn't show and it was dismissed. But by the way I was received by the judge (i.e. magistrate) at the arraignment I can see where the battle will be clearly hard-fought if not dismissed.

            The Handyman <ebob@...> wrote:
[...]

            Do you Yahoo!?
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 12, 2004
              On Dec 10, 2004, at 2:11 PM, silversand2021 wrote:

              > Anyone have tips on
              > sources of info, techniques, and anything else that might help a
              > person throw a monkey-wrench into the works of a local court?

              Can you get people to refrain from making waivers of rights?

              Accepting a traffic ticket is a waiver of a formal verified complaint,
              something I've yet to see produced in California in over 25 years.
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 15, 2004
                On Dec 13, 2004, at 1:23 PM, Jeff wrote:

                > Accepting a traffic ticket is a waiver of a formal verified complaint,
                > something I've yet to see produced in California in over 25 years.
                >
                > CAN YOU ENTER SOME RELEVANT AUTHORITY TO YOUR ABOVE STATEMENT?

                Besides logic? Read the Penal Code and tell me you come to some other
                conclusion.

                From Penal Code section 853.9:
                "... a defendant may... waive the filing of a verified complaint and
                elect
                that the prosecution may proceed upon a written notice to appear."

                "Notice to appear" is the official name for what people call "traffic
                tickets". They are used for obtaining a waiver of jurisdiction over a
                person's signature.

                I do not need a "relevent authority" to proclaim that water imparts
                wetness, or that voluntarily accepting other than the law requires
                constitutes a waiver of right(s).

                But it doesn't really matter since there are no lawful officers
                qualified to give you anything.

                See Calif. Const. Art. XX, section 3. See the word, "all", and see
                the provision for exemptions from the requirements, then ask your
                contestant-for-credibility if he has an exemption.

                Do you accept documents purporting to be criminal charges from your
                mere neighbors?

                Can an impersonator fool you? Don't you resent being the victim of an
                attempt at impersonation of an officer?

                I require that anyone making a claim be qualified to make the claim.

                I haven't found anyone in over two decades of looking.

                In the same time, I've found about ten people to whom it makes any
                difference. Most people are glad to waive rights and let impersonators
                get away with the crime they love.