Re: [tips_and_tricks] One thing that has worked in court for Credit card coll...

  • DrJoAnnaJones@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2004
      Scooter       we have a law in California...CCP 96..they have to pony up if you ask for the docs, if you have sent CCP96 and they didn't respond within the time constraints then you can ask the judge to throw out the exhibits because you didn't get to see them first...I just never knew what to do when I ask for them and they didn't come...but now, that's to Anthony I do
    • Don Schwarz
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2004
        A continuance or change of date can only be for cause.

        It has to be a substantial reason for a date change.

        Death in the family, new witness found, surgery etc.

        What was their substantive reason to change the
        court date?

        If there isn't any, then they should lose by default.